COERCION

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #306207 by Carlos.Martinez3
COERCION was created by Carlos.Martinez3
This morning at my 9 45 I came across a word that was a game changer for me . I love this place and I still hold to my oath today in my passion for it and the people in it.
One of the many reasons is this, this place validates. All this wisdom and knowledge we all possess is shared with one another and it happen for me this morning.
My whole life I've been sith minded. These last few years my family and I have been defending and teaching on another how to over come this... way of thinking , to what we want, a more difrent approach to life rather than a " do it this way or else", or a "you better or suffer MY WRATH or the Wrath of your Father or Mother !!! Lol smile temple !
I came across this word from the pastor. I seemed like such a small little thing but when I applied it ... it was like lighting ! It clicked.
I often find that small things like this , come to those seeking them.
So...
What do you know on said subject ? I'm so willing to learn ... to willing to share ?
Let's grow togeather Temple !
Force be with you as we chat about this , I'm ready ...

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #306208 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic COERCION
A lot of my growing up was derived from this one word and my culture as well. The laws in the states are oozing with coercion. As A Jedi , I try to adjust as I go along but I find many obstacles and many roads lead me to this same crossing , any ideas out there? How do you overcome or even get past this one little .. word? I have my own practices but I'm always willing to chat and learn more , that's what this place is for and all about !

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306216 by
Replied by on topic COERCION
From my experience, coercion can be very difficult to get around without a great deal of effort, compassion, and work. It requires us to invest in people. If we show that we are willing to help without expectations of return and we prove ourselves reliable, things change. People begin to act outside of their own interests willingly. They seek ways to pay it back or pay it forward.
A lot of people think almost completely about themselves. That's not their fault. It's how our survival instinct worked. But we have removed the need for that instinct in the average day to day life. Now we must show our brothers and sisters that we can change that mindset and show them a righteous path. Many religions try to inspire this path. Only we can choose to walk it. To be the change.
My thoughts.

More
6 years 5 months ago #306220 by Carlos.Martinez3

JLSpinner wrote: From my experience, coercion can be very difficult to get around without a great deal of effort, compassion, and work. It requires us to invest in people. If we show that we are willing to help without expectations of return and we prove ourselves reliable, things change. People begin to act outside of their own interests willingly. They seek ways to pay it back or pay it forward.
A lot of people think almost completely about themselves. That's not their fault. It's how our survival instinct worked. But we have removed the need for that instinct in the average day to day life. Now we must show our brothers and sisters that we can change that mindset and show them a righteous path. Many religions try to inspire this path. Only we can choose to walk it. To be the change.
My thoughts.

Good good . Adding others to the equations of life often takes a lot more effort patience and energy. The general adding others is a great effort no doubt!
Do you have any one on one experiences you can share ?
I know with my family , I have to add them to the life equastion with my choises and it adds more time and effort on my part. I had to learn manners and display them rather than ... don't do as I do do as I say! That for me was the biggest thing . Taking time to learn it for myself then... be the example( applying them ) then... do like me. Exhausting but worth the added time and effort .

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306222 by
Very similar story to my family and I. I had to change my mindset and actions to be the example I wanted them to follow. A true leader doesn't shout orders from the top or ask of their followers more than they are willing to do. A true leaders uplifts from below and leads the charge. That change is costly, hard, and under appreciated. It's so very much worth it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306227 by
I'm gonna have a lot more to say about this tomorrow, but the first step to escaping coercive persuasion is learning to recognize it. The overt threat is the easiest form, both to spot and to counter, but that's the far end of a broad spectrum of behavior. The more subtle forms of manipulation can be much harder to detect, and you can't usually fight what you don't realize is there.

More
6 years 5 months ago #306228 by Carlos.Martinez3

Atticus wrote: I'm gonna have a lot more to say about this tomorrow, but the first step to escaping coercive persuasion is learning to recognize it. The overt threat is the easiest form, both to spot and to counter, but that's the far end of a broad spectrum of behavior. The more subtle forms of manipulation can be much harder to detect, and you can't usually fight what you don't realize is there.

So very true ! The subtle coercion seems to be in my every day aka the states everywhere , laws, rules , and its ... rampid. Identification without attachment is one of the hardest things in my own path as well as in many Jedi s paths. Our defense is often time just noticing it WITHOUT getting anger or sentimate involved , when we do that , the old myth , the old saying " knowing is half the battle" takes a new meaning hu?

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306233 by
When I think of coercion, I'm immediately reminded of the Two Pillars of Enlightenment and Natural Law.

The first pillar is the Sacred Feminine, or Non-Aggression Principle. This principle is quite simple. Do not engage in violence. Essentially, it tells us that any use of physical power to control any other sentient being is wrong. This includes coercion, constraining, or denying the free will of another. Belief in the Sacred Feminine is a defining characteristic of a Knight. We do not use unjustified violence to achieve our goals at the expense of other living things.

The second of the Two Pillars is the Sacred Masculine, or Self-Defense Principle. This principle states that any sentient being has the right to defend themself from violence being perpetrated upon them by another. Living things have a right to defend themselves when attacked. Not only do Knights believe this about ourselves, but as Knights, we also will defend others against unwarranted attack when they cannot defend themselves.

These two pillars together dictate that a Knight does not rely on violence against others and does not tolerate violence against themselves or those who are defenseless. These basic principles are a foundation for a more peaceful society and one that adheres to Natural Law. Coercion goes directly against these principles. While man can create laws, they are rarely absolute and often flawed. Natural Law, on the other hand, is universal. Natural Law applies to all sentient beings and is a result of nature and creation. It is true and correct because it is derived from knowledge and understanding of the natural universe, not because we must be convinced by others to believe it. It is universal and it applies everywhere, unlike man made laws that only apply to a given society at a specific time and place.

Man's Law is dogmatic in nature and is entirely constructed in the mind of man. Rather than feeling natural, Man’s Law is complied with because we fear punishment. The laws, punishments, and dogma of Man’s Law will differ over time, location, and the current beliefs of those creating the laws such as legislators or judges. It becomes susceptible to moral relativism because it can be modified for each case and debated and changed by man. This often involves coercion. Laws are passed that trick us into complying out of fear or in order to gain a false reward, when in reality they are benefiting those in power. This is a form of violence and against Natural Law. Almost all coercion is.

More
6 years 5 months ago #306238 by Carlos.Martinez3
So does straying from moments that have coercion or moment that lead to it ... nullify it? What is a good defense ? My saying is if i don't want the law to rule me , Or tell me what to do, i don't break it or rely on it .
Thoughts on combating it ?

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306260 by
Coercion is a fear tactic. The only way anyone can use coercion over us is if we empower them. Simply put are you afraid of the repercussions of your actions? If you are, coercion will work. If you are not afraid of the repercussions of your actions, coercion has no power.

There are many facets of Laws in our society (Federal, State, County, Municipal, Parental, Friendship). Laws and locks are only there to keep honest people honest. If you are not afraid of the repercussions for violating the law, they have little impact on your life. We measure this impact every day when we make our decisions to do or not do things.

Coercion is a tactic used in persuading others to do what is wanted/expected. This art of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats. What is the force or threat that is being used against you? When it comes to laws, it is the threat of jail/fines. We violate these every day. How many people speed when they drive? Coercion does not work, because we "chance" that our behavior will not be caught, and if we do, we try to get out of the ticket, or as a last resort, pay the fine.

Be mindful that this is a tactic, a way to manipulate people into a behavior, or conduct. What becomes the true trick, is to prevent yourself from becoming the coercer, the person who takes the tactic they "learned", and then using it on others. This is a valid parenting technique many parents use. Finding other tactics to use, may be harder to enforce, especially with children.

How do we change coercion? That is a mindset change. As a society we must change the acceptance of this behavior as a valid tactic. However, if we say it is illegal to use coercion, we are using coercion to enforce not using coercion and are in violation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi