TotJO Comment Box

More
6 years 8 months ago #297529 by Kit
TotJO Comment Box was created by Kit
Consider this a Comment Box for your comments, concerns, or suggestions. You are also welcome to message me by PM or Sarahah as well (located in my signature)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #297531 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic TotJO Comment Box
I got a Sarahah message a while back that said "TotJO needs more organization"

We absolutely do and we will start working on progresses but it will take a lot of time and a lot of volunteers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297567 by Kit

if totjo wants to be grate it needs to get rid of the knights and councelors who lie and play games are are just here to stroke their egos and role play. and people must stop thinkings everythings a personal attack. you too.

If anyone wants to chime in on this, please do :)

From my view, you get folks like this in any organization. Both the leadership and the members set the tone for the culture of the community. There's some things I'd like to see changed or gone, but I don't have that direct power so I need to play with what I've been given. If we see things like this happening, we need to (preferably courteously) call it out. It's up to us to keep our own folks in line. And I know that that's not always easy and it is often a fight, but it's worth doing if we have the capabilities.

I can't speak for anyone else taking things personally, but on the note to myself, I have asked several other Jedi when I've done this recently and they can't remember when I've done this. I use to have a really bad habit of taking things personally myself so if anyone's seen that recently please let me know :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Kit. Reason: removing duplicate attachement

More
6 years 8 months ago #297568 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic TotJO Comment Box
If TOTJO wishes to be great, it must cultivate greatness and prune everything else back. Let's try to start that, cultivating greatness. The greatness in this organization, the greatness in her membership, the greatness in every one of us. That'll crowd out the behaviors this post discusses without having to directly intervene or point fingers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
6 years 8 months ago #297569 by Kit

steamboat28 wrote: If TOTJO wishes to be great, it must cultivate greatness and prune everything else back. Let's try to start that, cultivating greatness. The greatness in this organization, the greatness in her membership, the greatness in every one of us. That'll crowd out the behaviors this post discusses without having to directly intervene or point fingers.

Thank you <3 I think this is more what I was intending. When I re-read what I said I sound like I was telling people to pounce on folks for misbehaving XD go with Steam's route. It's better
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
6 years 8 months ago #297571 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic TotJO Comment Box

steamboat28 wrote: If TOTJO wishes to be great, it must cultivate greatness and prune everything else back. Let's try to start that, cultivating greatness. The greatness in this organization, the greatness in her membership, the greatness in every one of us. That'll crowd out the behaviors this post discusses without having to directly intervene or point fingers.

What is "greatness" and what is the likelihood it agrees well enough with everyone else's idea of it that much of it will be "cult"-ivated?

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297577 by
Replied by on topic TotJO Comment Box
Greatness means nothing in a vacuum. Specific virtues or proficiencies must be delineated first.

As a random example... Person X values friendship and inner development. To be great in those virtues, he spends his time developing those traits.

One cannot be "great" in general. It always refers to something. Perhaps, though, TOTJO will never agree on... WAIT. We have a doctrine....................................................................

...................................................................................................................................................................................................

(perhaps that's a good starting place?)

More
6 years 8 months ago #297578 by steamboat28

Connor L. wrote: One cannot be "great" in general.

It's obvious you've never met me. ;)

In seriousness, Connor has a great point. What do Jedi at the Temple consider "great"?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297579 by
Replied by on topic TotJO Comment Box
I consider this to be pretty great. https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/doctrine-of-the-order

More
6 years 8 months ago #297583 by steamboat28
I also think that TOTJO should work toward a unique culture for Jediism. One that is inspired by, but not directly drawn from, other faiths, for example, complete with art and calendar happenings and maybe little cute mugs.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi