Jediism and veganism?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #290873 by
Replied by on topic Jediism and veganism?
I'm not sure any human lives as a carnivore ;)

But I do see your point. My body does better with animal protein (I've been vegetarian and vegan many times, using many styles of eating), so I eat *less* meat than most, and do my best to make sure it's humanely raised and as environmentally friendly as possible and as local as possible. For me, that's what works best as a balance between the health of me and the health of the planet.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #290894 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Jediism and veganism?
Now mind you my knowledge of these topics is limited so this is my take only and based on my limited view only. All diets for the mass amount of people on the planet will impact the planet and both vegan and nonvegan diets have their issues and risks. So as a Jedi our goal should be for our own lives, is to care for ourselves in such a way as to get the most enjoyment and health out of life while causing as little damage and pain as we can. For some, this means meat eating and others vegan diets. What we can all agree on is a push for more sustainable farming methods and better treatment for the animals that we raise for good.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yugen,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #297238 by
I truly love all your responses. It is nice to see people with open minds thinking about such a (what I consider to be very important) topic such as this one.

My next input would be (after a 1 month vacation from forums when Alien Hub got hacked)
:
Is it right to kill any animals? Honestly. Or have other people do it for you because we don't have the heart to do it ourselves...
I think we should be setting an example for life on earth by choosing not to kill. I would like to stress: We do have a choice. I've been vegan for 6 years and there are plenty of people like me.

Look up pictures of piglets on google images, and you realize that nothing that innocent should be killed. Nothing that enjoyed the pleasure of lying in the warmth with its mother drinking her milk should be killed.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297239 by
What's the difference between killing an animal and killing a plant for you, when it comes to eating?

I've been a vegan. I've been a vegetarian. And everywhere in between. For years. And for me and my health situation right now, there is no choice. I need animal protein for my physical health, regardless of any other feelings I may have about it.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #297242 by
Plants live on a spiritual plane. They have naturally developed no pain receptors. They thrive off of being eaten. Meaning: Many plants reproduce by animals eating them and the seeds being spread. Fruits aren't sweet for no reason. And vegetables don't taste good for no reason. I believe in a natural way of things. I wouldn't say anything to interfere with your diet, but I made a commitment to defend the weak and powerless and innocent (and good, cows and pigs and chickens are good.)

When I went vegan, after about a month, meat tasted horrible. I don't like eating blood. I don't like risking cancer (which I think the medical field and other huge industries desperately hide) by putting another animal's cells in my body and bombarding my cells with their genes.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297245 by
I've not got the studies to cite on this machine, but there are some that indicate plants probably do experience something similar to pain.

I think we as animals eating other animals is probably pretty natural. We are excellent predators. It's possible we've evolved beyond that, I suppose.

There are a lot of folk who'd say that meat rates food, and veg doesn't, heh ;)

I would probably prefer not to eat meat, or at least a lot less meat, at this point in my life, for environmental reasons. But when it comes to my basic health or that of the "innocent piglet," I choose me.

And I think I'm belaboring the point because I'm feeling a little judged. Of course, that could be entirely because of my perceptions and not what's actually being said.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #297247 by
This message has explicit content about the meat industry - for the moderator's information -

You are not bad because you eat meat. You are just as good a person as I am, no matter what you do. I just think that the brainwashing is so intense that it creates a lot a lot a lot of turbulence when somebody tells you there is another way.

The brainwashing:
The advertisements
The corporations
The science textbooks
The nature channel
Nature itself - something awful happened many many years ago - I don't quite know what, but it started a chain reaction of animals eating other animals.

Predator prey is just accepted. We don't think of peace between "predators" and "prey." But I ask this: How are we supposed to achieve peace on earth if we don't stop the deadly cycle of animals being eaten and karma coming back to us? Supposing that exists? If it doesn't, thats also an option.

Yes, I would die to protect a piglet. The piglets life I consider to be equal to mine. Or a pig - fully grown. See, what happens when the pigs are killed - they don't die a peaceful death on morphine like we do. They die a long painful death with their throat slit first, then shocked with electricity, then boiled in oil at which point they die. Or so I've been told. I'm sorry if this is too much information.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #297248 by
I'm very aware of the life and death cycles of factory farmed animals. I still choose me. Every time. I'm selfish like that.

More
6 years 7 months ago #297249 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Jediism and veganism?
Can you cite your sources please, nightrider123?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #297250 by
No you're not selfish.
You're being controlled, and I was one of the lucky ones because I didn't get messed up in the medical field like you. I might be wrong about all this. They got me for mental health, not physical - I've been diagnosed with bipolar. So I'm being controlled in a way.

I can't leave and go where I want to. Otherwise I can't get my medications. But I can be vegan. Everyone is being controlled sometimes in very, very, very messed up ways such as being bad when they are actually good. And I don't know who has the controls.

This is my viewpoint, like I said, I might be wrong.

My ex-girlfriend explained it as a big machine... but it never seems to break down. She told me: Don't blame people. Blame what cause people to do what they do.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi