Ravens, writing desks, and other questions for Hatter.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #288684 by MadHatter
Obviously, this is another in the series of ask me anything posts that seem to be flocking about as of late. Feel free to ask away and Ill answer as best Im able.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by MadHatter. Reason: Hatter posted without glasses or caffeine
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #288687 by steamboat28
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter

More
6 years 10 months ago #288695 by Leah Starspectre
How have you changed/grown since joining the Temple? :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #288696 by
What advise would you give those just starting off on their Path?

Also if you could have any pet, real or not, which would it be and why? ;)

More
6 years 10 months ago #288707 by MadHatter

steamboat28 wrote: What drew you to TOTJO?

Im not even sure where I read about Jediism as a religious/philosophical path. But I decided to check it out and reading through the doctrine is what drew me in. I finally found a path that solved the issue of going against human nature that most religions have in my eyes. What kept me going is the amount of work involved. I want to feel like I earn something when I get it and the temple definitely makes you work for anything you get here.

Leah Starspectre wrote: How have you changed/grown since joining the Temple? :)

Oh, a height joke on the Ewok good one :P

But in all seriousness, I have become a much more open minded and less combative person. I have learned to listen rather than react right away and often just walk away from unproductive arguments in my eyes. Plus it's lowered my blood pressure which is a good thing.

Arisaig wrote: What advise would you give those just starting off on their Path?

Also if you could have any pet, real or not, which would it be and why? ;)

Hmm, I think that I would have to say my advice would be to form daily habits from the beginning that reinforce what you learn. So for example meditation, exercise, mindfulness exercises, etc. In short, put what you learn into physical action rather than just becoming book smart.

As far as any pet real or not I think it would be one of the black dogs that are supposedly a death omen. The reason being is that I feel death is feared to a degree that is almost unhealthy ( it's risky to fear any natural process to an obsessive degree) and the idea od a dog being the one to lead you into the Force reinforces the whole man's best friend concept to me

Knight of the Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leah Starspectre,

More
6 years 9 months ago #292467 by MadHatter

Attachment Leopard-Funny-Bored-Meme-Picture.jpg not found

Knight of the Order
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292471 by
What do you consider the most important thing you have learned here?

More
6 years 9 months ago #292472 by Avalon
Because this is the easiest question for me to come up with and the one I'm most curious about:

If you could live anywhere for a year - baring the country which you currently live, were born, and any additional countries you've already lived in - where would you live, why would you live there, and what would you do while you were there (doesn't necessarily mean job)?

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

More
6 years 9 months ago #292476 by MadHatter

AveryR1988 wrote: What do you consider the most important thing you have learned here?

I would say that it would be to trust the process. You might not always understand it, you might not always like or agree with it. But trust that it has a point and try it anyway. Often the most frustrating and confusing parts of my training are what taught me the most.

Avalonslight wrote: Because this is the easiest question for me to come up with and the one I'm most curious about:

If you could live anywhere for a year - baring the country which you currently live, were born, and any additional countries you've already lived in - where would you live, why would you live there, and what would you do while you were there (doesn't necessarily mean job)?

Russia or some other Slavic nation. I have come to believe that Russia is far more like the US than many in political power would ever admit. Plus I love the language and the foods. As for what I would do I would want to see a lot of the religious and historical buildings as I enjoy older art and architecture.
As for anything else well I would most assuredly have to have some Kvass and squat with the local Gopnik's as that is the culture I grew up on or at least the American version. Remember heels to ground, squats on toes give you away as a western spy

Knight of the Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292507 by
What is something that you are passionate about but have never done anything about it and why?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi