Religious Violence against a Jedi

More
6 years 11 months ago #282402 by Amaya
First of I hope you are alright, any act of violence can leave you with questions and unease.
With regards to pressing charges that is up to you. It was crime and the fact people seem all to quick to turn to violence when confronted with something they don't understand really annoys me.
If you want to talk about this and any feelings or thought this brings up you know where I am.
I may not have answers but I can listen

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Cyan Sarden

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #282407 by Eleven
I am OK a little sore and betrayed by this individual. Maybe I shouldn't talk about this maybe this isn't a subject I should share it but, honestly I just wasn't sure if I handled this Right? When someonew asks me a question I try my best to be honest with them but, I am also a believer in that a soft answer turns away much anger. Unfortunately, I couldnt avoid this after a point. Unfortunately, I don't know what church he pastor's but, even if I did why should I stoop to his level? I very rarely share my beliefs in public or I guess you could say evangelize jeddism I don't see that it's a religion that requires you to covert which, is actually a comfort. However, yes he did wrong, yes, he betrayed and hurt me but, hopefully he learned something. I decided not to press charges.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

More
6 years 11 months ago #282413 by MadHatter
Honestly, I am confused as to what you mean by asking did you do the right thing? What could you possibly have done wrong in this situation? You answered questions honestly and tried to defuse when it got heated. I am not sure what more Jedi like behavior you could have taken. The fact that you are not pressing charges is frankly a level of forgiveness that I might not have so it's pretty dang big of you. Kudos on your calm and forgiving reaction.

I also respect that you brought this here to speak on. I think that real world problems need to be discussed more often. Because it's one thing for us to debate this or that philosophically. But this is applying Jedi action when things get sticky. We need more of this so that we might decide our own course of action if ever faced with a similar situation.

Finally, if I might offer a bit of advice. Please learn ( if you have not already) some basic self-defense and carry ( if you do not already) some sort of legal defensive tool even if its pepper spray and a "tactical" pen. I say this only because I wish you to be safe if you should ever suffer such an issue in the future.

Thank you for sharing this and I am glad the Force was with you that day.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #282414 by
Replied by on topic Religious Violence against a Jedi
I am really sorry this had to happen to you , you might be alright physically but to be attacked in that manner by someone you loved and trusted is very invading on your basic feelings of trust , i am glad you brought this up Seven and i am a bit baffled dat some people deny its violence. As long as you know that i dont think that is ok Seven , he should not have assaulted you ! He was wrong doing that !

If and when you press charges is totally up to you , you have every right to , and i am with Adder on considering to inform his church of his horrible attitude and un christian demeanor.

I will keep you in my meditations Seven and you can contact me any time

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #282415 by
I do hope he apologizes for his actions and you two are able to resolve this.
although I would have no grievance if you thought it best to not see him again.
Shame to lost a friend over something like this though.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #282416 by
Sorry to hear that this happened to you Sven. Confrontation can really shake you up especially when it becomes physical.

If you haven't already I suggest finding a place where you can sort out your feelings, find your center again, and find your Jedi place of peace and serenity. Realize the feelings you're having after the altercation are normal. Such acts from others are very unsettling. After such events the best thing you can do is find your equilibrium once again. This can be done through meditation, taking a thoughtful walk, or having a heartfelt talk with a strong and trusted friend.

From what I can tell, you handled the situation the best you could. You honestly expressed you feelings and when emotions felt like they were getting away you decided to leave. The one who was out of line was your friend. They let their emotions control them. There was absolutely no reason for them to physically assault you.

Take comfort in the fact that you acted in a Jedi manor.

More
6 years 11 months ago #282456 by Eleven
I thank everyone of jedi for the comfort and advice. I have chosen to not press charges on him. But, from what the police said is that they contacted the church and the elders of his church have released him for a little "Vacation" to clear his head and to think about what hes done. I had wished the police hadn't done that but, its not my place. I guess because I didn't press charges he won't be arrested which is fine. I am not withholding forgiveness from him I have but, I am at this point not ready just yet to speak to him. But, in time I will.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter, , Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #282457 by

Sven One wrote: I thank everyone of jedi for the comfort and advice. I have chosen to not press charges on him. But, from what the police said is that they contacted the church and the elders of his church have released him for a little "Vacation" to clear his head and to think about what hes done. I had wished the police hadn't done that but, its not my place. I guess because I didn't press charges he won't be arrested which is fine. I am not withholding forgiveness from him I have but, I am at this point not ready just yet to speak to him. But, in time I will.

I wish you wisdom and strenght with this !

More
6 years 11 months ago #282459 by Rex
I'm sorry you had to go through this Sven, but you've done so like a Jedi. You might be the only Jedi your friend meets, and I'm proud that you've represented us with grace and mercy.
May the Force be with You Always

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
6 years 11 months ago #282469 by RyuJin
For a religion that preaches peace, love and tolerance Christianity sure does seem to breed a lot of hate and violence...

Sven you responded in an appropriate manner if you feel you did.

No one should have to endure violence as a result of their beliefs...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi