Religious Violence against a Jedi

More
6 years 10 months ago #282472 by Rosalyn J
Wow Sven,

I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm even sorrier that I also identify with that group. My inbox is open if you need to talk.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #282473 by Eleven
It's okay Rosalyn,

I am a Christian as well, but it doesn't mean everyone follows it like Christ taught it in the gospels.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

More
6 years 10 months ago #282638 by ZealotX
@Sven One

First... I'm horrified that happened to you. Very sorry and I'm glad you're okay.

Secondly... you performed exceptionally well under the circumstances. You were cool and composed. You were in control. If he has the ability to reflect he may realize that you were in control while he wasn't. Of all the things you could have done, you were restrained which means that you represented the Jedi well. And the reality is that he broke the law and attacked you and deserves to be punished according to the law. "Getting away with it" may be what he thinks the right thing is but he needed to learn a lesson. How can he lead others, as a pastor, when he thinks that goodness is optional as long as you can get away with being bad? And his congregation has the right to know who they are following. Their bible asks how can the blind lead the blind?

Third, many Christians aren't in it for the same reasons. So no offense to other Christians but we cannot treat any Christian the same just because they wear a particular label. Many of them are so afraid of death that this fear allows them to be controlled by that religion. They believe its doctrine is credible partly because so many other people believe the same thing. If they were around during the beginning of the religion they would have laughed at the disciples and other Christian missionaries. Many Christians don't match their belief with their lifestyle. The power of the fear simply isn't enough to make them live better. To me saying you're a Christian is like saying you're a jedi. What gives anyone the right? What makes it real? Maybe it starts out being just a label that becomes real over time. These are all pathways. Some people get trapped in the trappings and they want the rewards and they want to avoid the punishment, but they don't have a desire to follow that path, and for religions based on belief in an extraterrestrial, they don't love that being.

I have been laughed at too and it is because Christians see themselves based on polls... based on the popularity of their religion. There's no evidence that Moses spoke to God on mount Sinai and committed genocide on all the people that wouldn't follow his orders because they didn't believe in the God that he said was giving the orders through him. There's no evidence that Jesus was the messiah because Messiah, in his culture meant that he was the chosen King of Israel. People wanted it to be true and even set about political machinations to make it true. But the way he died showed that it simply wasn't. Frankly, it was easy, after the fact, to create a different narrative to make him the subject of a new religion, but essentially this is why Judaism cannot accept him. Laughter is a judgement based on mob rules. But it's up to us to represent Jediism in the best way possible and that will cause it to grow and respect (which is not why we do what we do) will naturally come in its due season.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi