"It's Time For The Jedi To End" The Last Jedi Trailer

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #280922 by
Yea agreed although I think in the split you refer to the dark aspect of that was propagated primarily by Sith in the beginning and then the jedi evolved into the light aspect. My point in previous comments is that I believe this new trilogy is taking the force users back to those roots of the Je'daii where force sensitives embrace both sides of the force thus having no need for Jedi or Sith aspects. This facilitates a true force balance.
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280934 by
Exactly. I feel that the Force will be considerably grayer in the films to come.

More
7 years 1 week ago #280935 by Adder
A boring movie would be, if in balance that Force was :D

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280944 by
I'm with you on this one Kyrin and JL...

The new dawn of the "Gray" Jedi.... could be much darker than the last film...
Maybe this is how Luke brings balance to the force... Rey trained as a Gray?

Can't wait!

More
7 years 1 week ago #280948 by Zenchi
https://youtu.be/XSBEkcYI9Ek

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280953 by
This is why I wished Disney didn't scrap pre-republic/old republic canons because the balance within the Force was well explained. In the pre-republic canon, the Jedi were known as Je'daii and they were able to utlized both the light side (Ashla) and the dark side (Bogan) of the force in order to attain balance.

On the planet Tython, where the Je'daii trained and live, they had to be balanced with the light and dark side in order to keep the planet from descending into natural disaster chaos. The planet remained calm if they were balanced with both sides of the force, if they slide too far to the light or dark side then the planet responded by creating chaotic weather such as hurricanes, earthquakes, and thunderstorms etc. It was a great used of Taoist ideology within that canon.

I can only hope that Disney takes a step towards incorporating the middle pathway and do away with the Jedi and Sith extremist ideologies.

"In the light, there is a darkness and in the darkness, a light. It is the way with us all. Be a prisoner of neither Bogan nor Ashla. Strive to live in balance. As Tython itself teaches us, it is dangerous to do otherwise. And the danger is there—always."
―Ketu[src]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Je%27daii_Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago - 7 years 1 week ago #280967 by
Good video there Zenchi...

Like many things I think the idea of 'Grey' is again something open to interpretation ...
I'm in agreement with Reiji I think... Neither Bogan or Ashla... but acknowledge both...
Bendu is a great example... ! :-)

Isn't the Bendu order an ancient order that encompassed both light and dark, way before the Jedi Order?
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by . Reason: update

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280968 by

Obo Nâm wrote: Isn't the Bendu order an ancient order that encompassed both light and dark, way before the Jedi Order?

Well, the order of Bendu didn't see the Force as a duality (light and dark side) but they only saw it as one. In the pre-republic in the legend canon, they were monks who made a religion around the Force sorta like Chirrut and The Guardians of the Whills. Then a group of them were taken off their home planet, by a pyramid ship called the Tho Yor, to the planet Tython where they contribute to the Je'daii order focusing on the unity of the Force.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_of_Dai_Bendu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280973 by
YESSSS!!!! THE TRAILER FINALLY CAME OUT!!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #280979 by
Just for a counter reference. here is Dashes theory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPoqQfG5Qdk&list=PLRTSTGYHvYZWQROyPI4XPwmZ9lqh-S4W_&index=3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi