Medicine

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278570 by
Medicine was created by
I was just curious about how many Medical Professionals we have! Don't be shy, anyone who works in the medical field in any manner let me know!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #278591 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Medicine
I once asked if everyone in the medical field wanted to get together and create a group here for interactions and support as needed etc, I was the only one interested at the time lol. There are probably...4 that I can think of besides myself, and they don't really advertise that they are I just caught snippets here and there and figured it out between the lines.

As for myself, I started out as an EMT-B 5 years ago, worked for a private service that specialized in high risk trauma sporting events, still work there on weekends when I can, after about 2 years of that I worked towards upgrading to EMT-I, started also working PRN for my local ambulance service, currently in an EMT-I to EMT-P transition class, and I'm working fulltime night shift now for my local service as well as the private service PRN.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

More
7 years 1 month ago #278597 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Medicine
Block doc. EMT cna US Coast guard Avionic Survival tec army medic 68 w Mike 6 identifier "boy nurse" line medic for a Cav and hospital er nurse as well for a few years a piece * bows all in the past as I stand in my greatest medicine role yet ... Fatherhood and I find my self a block doc. Again
... At your service !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 1 month ago #278608 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Medicine
What is a block doc?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278622 by
Replied by on topic Medicine

Tellahane wrote: I once asked if everyone in the medical field wanted to get together and create a group here for interactions and support as needed etc.

I love this idea. As for me, I'm currently a Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant. I'm going to school to be an RN. I want to specialize in either ICU or ER nursing.

More
7 years 1 month ago #278675 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Medicine

Andillusion wrote:

Tellahane wrote: I once asked if everyone in the medical field wanted to get together and create a group here for interactions and support as needed etc.

I love this idea. As for me, I'm currently a Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant. I'm going to school to be an RN. I want to specialize in either ICU or ER nursing.

Unfortunately as far as the groups existence, each group has to be created/managed/moderated by a knight level member, and at the time with the lack of interest there wasn't anyone willing, that being said, I'm progressing through my apprenticeship fairly well so one day....

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278684 by
Well, i mean, if anyone needs to talk to another medical professional about something they've seen or has happened. my inbox is always open. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #278698 by
I'll chime in as someone who has been in EMS for seventeen years, and a degreed medic for eleven of those years. I've worked much of the spectrum of EMS from the very rural to the very urban, from private to government-based, from volunteer stand-by to critical care professional, and as a consulting paramedic for other out-of-hospital medical professionals and for research. My focus has been in EMS education and I am registered with the National Association of EMS Educators. I have strong opinions about Fire-based and volunteer EMS that some find rather irksome, but I always welcome a fresh perspective on any topic. I love my work and enjoy discussing the full spectrum of medical related subjects. I'm currently returning to school for a few more letters behind my name so that I can teach and develop curriculum at a university level. I am thrilled to be contacted for advice, fat-chewing, the swapping of "war stories", Star Trek related topics (TNG FTW!), or just about anything really. Cheers!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi