What would you do, Babies with Anencephaly...

More
7 years 1 month ago #277007 by Leah Starspectre

Kohadre wrote:

Leah Starspectre wrote:

Kohadre wrote: The choice to carry a corpse to term, only for the purpose of chopping it up and shipping it's parts out still remains a very morbid choice to me. How is that any different from scientists and black market dealers who wish to grow human fetuses in test tubes, for the sole purpose of hacking them apart and then selling off their organs?

The couple in question were given a choice: abort, and live with the pain of a lost child, or complete the pregnancy and mitigate the pain of loss by helping others live? I don't see how that is morbid. Is it any more morbid than keeping a brain-dead adult on life support for the purpose of organ donation?

I'm sorry, you're right. It's not dark or morbid at all. It's an absolutely joyous occurrence and should be celebrated.

Try and think outside of your preconceived notions of right and wrong for a minute, and look at what is actually happening in this scenario.

The child in question is already dead, and is being incubated for it's organs which will be dived out upon it's delivery. I don't see how that fact which is stated in the article can be debated or argued for anything other than what it is.

And yes, it's just as morbid (I'm sorry, joyous) as keeping a brain dead adult on life support for the purpose of harvesting their organs.

Yes, people will benefit from the organs which will be harvested from the child. Just because people will benefit doesn't make the act any less dark or morbid (sorry, I meant celebratory).

I'm not talking about right or wrong here. I'm talking about choice and options. Clearly, this couple didn't find their actions morbid or I doubt they would have chosen that path.

And really, if you want to look at it that way, all life is morbid. Each second we exist is a second closer to inevitable death. But there are those who choose to see life for its blessings, rather than dwell on its tragedies. Where you see dark and morbid, I see self-sacrifice and compassion.

Perhaps it's you who should look outside your own perceptions of what's happening here and think of how THEY perceive their actions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #277008 by Kohadre

Leah Starspectre wrote:

Kohadre wrote:

Leah Starspectre wrote:

Kohadre wrote: The choice to carry a corpse to term, only for the purpose of chopping it up and shipping it's parts out still remains a very morbid choice to me. How is that any different from scientists and black market dealers who wish to grow human fetuses in test tubes, for the sole purpose of hacking them apart and then selling off their organs?

The couple in question were given a choice: abort, and live with the pain of a lost child, or complete the pregnancy and mitigate the pain of loss by helping others live? I don't see how that is morbid. Is it any more morbid than keeping a brain-dead adult on life support for the purpose of organ donation?

I'm sorry, you're right. It's not dark or morbid at all. It's an absolutely joyous occurrence and should be celebrated.

Try and think outside of your preconceived notions of right and wrong for a minute, and look at what is actually happening in this scenario.

The child in question is already dead, and is being incubated for it's organs which will be dived out upon it's delivery. I don't see how that fact which is stated in the article can be debated or argued for anything other than what it is.

And yes, it's just as morbid (I'm sorry, joyous) as keeping a brain dead adult on life support for the purpose of harvesting their organs.

Yes, people will benefit from the organs which will be harvested from the child. Just because people will benefit doesn't make the act any less dark or morbid (sorry, I meant celebratory).

I'm not talking about right or wrong here. I'm talking about choice and options. Clearly, this couple didn't find their actions morbid or I doubt they would have chosen that path.

And really, if you want to look at it that way, all life is morbid. Each second we exist is a second closer to inevitable death. But there are those who choose to see life for its blessings, rather than dwell on its tragedies. Where you see dark and morbid, I see self-sacrifice and compassion.

Perhaps it's you who should look outside your own perceptions of what's happening here and think of how THEY perceive their actions.

All life is morbid. That doesn't mean we need to amplify it's depravity through our own choices and actions however.

I don't really care how they perceive their actions, because I'm not them. I'm sure serial killers perceive themselves to be doing some good by ridding public society of undesirables, however the majority of people seem to find them deranged and morally corrupt.

Perception is subjective, and often without any basis in actual fact or evidence.

So long and thanks for all the fish

More
7 years 1 month ago #277012 by Leah Starspectre

Kohadre wrote:

Leah Starspectre wrote:

Kohadre wrote:

Leah Starspectre wrote:

All life is morbid. That doesn't mean we need to amplify it's depravity through our own choices and actions however.

I don't really care how they perceive their actions, because I'm not them. I'm sure serial killers perceive themselves to be doing some good by ridding public society of undesirables, however the majority of people seem to find them deranged and morally corrupt.

Perception is subjective, and often without any basis in actual fact or evidence.

I agree that perception is subjective, but by acknowledging the perceptions of others, one can better understand them - even if they are a serial killer. Understanding doesn't mean agreeing, but it can mean finding the root of deeper issues.

But if you prefer to judge rather than understand, I won't try to stop you.

More
7 years 1 month ago #277014 by Kohadre

Leah Starspectre wrote: But if you prefer to judge rather than understand, I won't try to stop you.

Uh, thanks? I think I've done both in this situation. I understand their reasons, don't agree with them, and have made my judgement accordingly. Just because myself or someone else understands something, doesn't mean that they or I have to agree with or support it.

I don't know if that's what you were intending to communicate, but again understanding does not equal supporting.

So long and thanks for all the fish

More
7 years 1 month ago #277033 by Zenchi

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Zenchi wrote: I explained in clear instructions how to make the link work....
The title has been edited, thank you...

I did that and it still does not work.

In any case I see no moral dilemma. The child is not viable and should be aborted.

Could be an issue with your browser, it's worked for me as well as a few others...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #277042 by

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Zenchi wrote: I explained in clear instructions how to make the link work....
The title has been edited, thank you...

I did that and it still does not work.

In any case I see no moral dilemma. The child is not viable and should be aborted.

Could be an issue with your browser, it's worked for me as well as a few others...

No, multiple browsers just give me a 404 error.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi