The Living Force - The Cosmic Force

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #275570 by
I have been pondering some ideas and discovering my beliefs about the force and came across some points.

I feel that there is one unifying force, or "cosmic force" that binds everything, the one that scientists can't explain or see, the "dark matter" perhaps?
Whatever it is, I believe it is there and it unifies everything and it sit's there like a calm ocean or lake.

The living force however, I believe is what each living being creates, perhaps from their Dan Tien as in the Zen belief of Qi coming from ones lower gut (I believe Qi is the living force).
This would explain to me a lot of things, for example how peoples moods can lift the atmosphere around them or drag it down, ever walked into a place or met someone who literally wore off on you? What if that was their living force effecting the cosmic force and therefore rubbing off onto you. Or perhaps think of that cold chill you get in some places deemed haunted, for example a house where someone was murdered, that chill and sense of dread could be you sensing the negative energy that has rubbed off on the cosmic force rather than a "ghost". Another example would be birds not singing at sites of massacres, can they sense that all that tragedy and negative living force at the time had dented or dampened the cosmic force in the area?

I do believe that the cosmic force is totally neutral, but an individuals living force is totally dependent on their actions and the way they react to others actions, and through their own force they can leech into the cosmic. I can't help but wonder if ghosts are people who died with a very negative living force so they could never settle peacefully in terms of letting their energy join the cosmic one.

Anyway those are my random & rather jumbled thoughts, hope they make some sense and I would love to hear what any of you think on the issue, or if you don't even believe there are two forces.

(:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #275578 by
These beliefs are known in the Jedi Community. It was commonly called the "Personal, Living & Univeral." At Just Jedi I called it the "Tri-Force"

Personal - Is what you described as Living....Except without all the Dan Tian and...Ahem...Anyways. The Personal Force is the energy you generate within you and your personal bubble (Aura)

Living - Is all the Personal bubbles bumping into and intermingling with eachother in such a way that it creates an outside energy that influances you and others. I like to use bubbles as an example because they are great visuals to concider. When you blow bubbles and some of them bump up against eachother some might bounce harmlessly away while others will attach and some will merge while others might suddenly pop. These could then represent human and life interactions

Universal - is then what you called Cosmic. That outter shell that encompasses all of the personal and living bubbles together and is for the most part quite mysterious to us.

The above....of course....is just how I look and understand things :)

More
7 years 2 months ago #275592 by rugadd
I am a follower of the Living Force.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #275603 by
Fascinating topic, allow me to join in the conversation.

The Force is, to me, an expression of the panentheistic reality of the cosmos. Panentheism "is the belief that the divine interpenetrates every part of the universe and also extends beyond time and space. Unlike pantheism, which holds that the divine and the universe are identical, panentheism maintains a distinction between the divine and non-divine and the significance of both." As it is described in the early theatrical mythology, the Force is,β€œ...an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together." We can easily see that these ideas are compatible. If the Cosmic Force is the divine which exists eternally, outside the world of Being and Time, then the Living Force is the divine which penetrates the world of Being and Time, surrounding and binding all living things.

The Cosmic Force, then, is the eternal fuel which drives the creation of the Cosmos (I use this term to mean the greater Omniverse). Passing through the a yet-undiscovered field, the Cosmic Force becomes the Living Force from which all things are created. As Watts points out, our notions of boundaries and isolation are accidents of the limitations of the world of Being and Time - yet both are significant. Physical manifestations, the non-divine components of our Cosmos, are infused with the divine component of the Living Force which flows endlessly from the Cosmic Force. By virtue of this relationship, the Living Force flows back into the Cosmic Force in an endless cycle of Birth-Death-Rebirth. Our attempts, as Jedi, to come into harmony with the Living Force bring us closer to the Cosmic Force - which is the goal of the psychological journey of mythology, as pointed out by Joseph Campbell.

Hence, while the Cosmic Force may be True Neutral because it is eternal and removed from the world of Being and Time, and thus without Desire or Fear, the Living Force is susceptible to the effects of existing within our non-divine vessels. The energies produced by and exerted upon the world of Being and Time by individuals such as ourselves, has a demonstrable (if not entirely quantifiable) effect upon the Living Force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #275604 by

Trisskar wrote: These beliefs are known in the Jedi Community. It was commonly called the "Personal, Living & Univeral." At Just Jedi I called it the "Tri-Force"

Personal - Is what you described as Living....Except without all the Dan Tian and...Ahem...Anyways. The Personal Force is the energy you generate within you and your personal bubble (Aura)

Living - Is all the Personal bubbles bumping into and intermingling with eachother in such a way that it creates an outside energy that influances you and others. I like to use bubbles as an example because they are great visuals to concider. When you blow bubbles and some of them bump up against eachother some might bounce harmlessly away while others will attach and some will merge while others might suddenly pop. These could then represent human and life interactions

Universal - is then what you called Cosmic. That outter shell that encompasses all of the personal and living bubbles together and is for the most part quite mysterious to us.

The above....of course....is just how I look and understand things :)

Wonderful break down

More
7 years 2 months ago #275606 by Proteus

Hence, while the Cosmic Force may be True Neutral because it is eternal and removed from the world of Being and Time, and thus without Desire or Fear, the Living Force is susceptible to the effects of existing within our non-divine vessels. The energies produced by and exerted upon the world of Being and Time by individuals such as ourselves, has a demonstrable (if not entirely quantifiable) effect upon the Living Force.

I feel it is the other way around, believing the Force to be the underlying phenomenon that is of itself, the very happening of existence and non-existence. Whatever we are doing, the Force is doing. The Force, in this way, is only doing unto itself, like waves crashing around in the ocean.

β€œFor it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: , , ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #275609 by
all things are the force.
but our human mind's have challenges grasping the big picture so breaking things down into manageable bit sized pieces helps.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #275756 by
I've approached this from a different angle, similar but different. To me the Personal Force is the personifying of the Living Force. The Living Force is something that permeates all life, drives life, encourages it to grow and flourish in its many ways. However the Living Force does not come just from life, but from the Cosmic Force. Life cannot live without the Cosmic Force, for think of life without the Sun for instance. The Sun (cosmic) feeds life (living) which distills the Force into a stronger form in order to promote life. We are in essence, the distilled energy of the universe just as we are stardust. One flows into the other like a cycle though, as we give back to the Cosmic when we each pass, however we leave a Living Force echo (Soul).

I have many continuing thoughts on this, but from this point it tends to dither off into my personal branch of belief and I want to respect that not everyone follows that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #275759 by
Living, Cosmic, Universal, Personal, Unifying.... blah blah blah.

Names. That's all they are. Get back to ONE. Perhaps even ZERO.

Try that, and see what happens.

More
7 years 2 months ago #275795 by Adder
I think I tend towards currently dividing it into Unifying nature and Living essence - of the Force. It lets me shift all external cognition into being handled differently from that which might be moving beneath the ice, in a manner of speaking.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi