What do I tell my family?

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #275173 by Carlos.Martinez3
What we do here is not soley ours. We as Jedi have a difrent take to a selfless way of thinking and acting out selfs. We encourage any way you choose can be valid. More than one if you do choose . To be a Jedi can And does mean many things . My family see the difference in my daily actions. Every path is different every situation is difrent as is every definition of Jesi ism .. To me, this is my practice and I share it with a few . If your looking for a tag or the label feel free to take any you goose and know what comes with it . Happy hunting and finding. Jedi ism is hard , my wife donated some money to some sticker te restraint puts on the wal for something , we drop the temple. Org web address the guy at the counter says to my wife ... Yea man like praise Yoda. Two difrent apples and oranges you must define your self and find out what you call your self. it is every humans right to find out for them Selfs what it is they believe and if they really want it . If it's truly your idea you share them the name will come way later after the actions , the conversations may go ... Wait your not the same or ... There's something difrent . Just an idea and another possibility to add.

Rather than words example is best

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #275254 by
Replied by on topic What do I tell my family?
After reading your original post I couldn't pass by without saying something. I used to be Mormon and understand how it would be difficult trying to explain this to family members. I just wanted to say, if you need someone to talk to about anything - my inbox is open.
And as a side note - I agree with those who say to show it by your actions before anything else. Give yourself time to settle into it and know that we are always here for you. :)
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .

More
7 years 2 months ago #275255 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic What do I tell my family?
Basically everything Trisskar said. Even my daughter likes to go to Young Women's, so there is no getting away from it, for me. But they are so very nice about everything, and I share many values(as well as blood).

The only advice I can give is be a good person. Let the fruit of your tree bare your worth.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #275256 by
Replied by on topic What do I tell my family?
Thank you, guys for your words. I read everything.

More
7 years 2 months ago #275258 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic What do I tell my family?
I think that having a mormon family is actually a strength. I agree with everything Trisskar said, many of my close friends are mormon, and they're some of the most simultaneously spiritual and respectful people I know. Use Jedi principles couched in their ideas (I like the areopagus speech), because really Jediism shouldn't contradict the truth in what your family believes.
*disclaimer: personal belief*
I don't think Jediism is an exhaustive belief system, and that it's more of a tool to help you on your own personal journey to discovery.
*end opinion section*
Do you still believe the same things as your family, but have questions? What do you believe?
As long as you can understand your own beliefs and act ethically as a result of that, it won't seem as simultaneously silly and threatening as if you told your family you worshiped Patrick Stewart's Picard with a cult.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi