Sith

More
7 years 2 months ago #272887 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Sith

I find it difficult to grasp that someone who is as selfish as they proclaim themselves to be would seek to be a nurse or a mentor. Neither of those goals are particularly focuses on the self - they're about taking care of or encouraging others. Both are rather thankless positions. Who honestly wants to work with blood and urine and the ill or dying in the name of themselves?

Motivation is a funny thing, and from the outside, we never really see what weird internal mental gymnastics someone is doing to justify any given act.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #272889 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Sith
Kudos on following your passion Lexi. What you call yourself is a moot point. If you are doing what you love, rock on!

Conversely, if you are indeed doing what you are passionate about, people's opinions should not get in your way, so save yourself the mental angst of being "offended" over random online strangers not endorsing your particular branding of the Sith label.

Keep on shining baby

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 2 months ago #272896 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Sith
If your passion is to help others, you have to focus on helping yourself first...if you don't learn the skills or knowledge you need in order to help others then you can't follow your passion...passion is a selfish concept, however I define it as drive...an overwhelming desire for something...

Fictional sith/jedi are nothing at all like those in real life...most here know that already...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

More
7 years 2 months ago #272901 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Sith
Can we make a reference sticky for all the threads that talk about Sith identity or at least a sub-topic?
This comes up every 2-3 months.

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 2 months ago #272910 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Sith
Lol...we used to have a special interest group for it years ago...they were called rites back then...but there were falling outs etc and the rite was archived...some cannot control their passion enough to function civilly...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

More
7 years 2 months ago #272920 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Sith

Nai_Elyob wrote: I find it difficult to grasp that someone who is as selfish as they proclaim themselves to be would seek to be a nurse or a mentor. Neither of those goals are particularly focuses on the self - they're about taking care of or encouraging others. Both are rather thankless positions. Who honestly wants to work with blood and urine and the ill or dying in the name of themselves?

It fills a place in their life. I don't know why Khaos does it, but let's say if was my father's father (my grandfather)- I know he would seek out such a job to discover what death really meant. My grandfather was rather obsessed with understanding death. So to be there amongst it would help him understand it. Come to terms with it. That would be his goal, he wouldn't particularly care about the people he was helping.

But another reason, one that is less about a fear of death, but rather filling a role in life that makes you feel better about yourself is a reason to pursue something like being a Nurse. You will almost always be able to find a job as a nurse, so financially it is beneficial.

A Jedi would seek only to be a nurse because they know it would help others, and are not looking for thank yous. A Sith may not have such noble reasons- though it's entirely possible they do. Like I said, I don't know why Khaos does it. You'd have to ask him. But I know that he's not Jedi, it's not in his being to be one.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #272978 by
Replied by on topic Sith
Just to add to what Alethea has already mentioned.

The medical field is a need, no matter where you are, so it grants a lot of flexibility.

The adrenaline rush of working in the medical field can be amazing for those who crave it.

Also, there are few other ways to feed your Self/Ego, you literally hold someone's life/death in your hands.

Control, Power, Flexibility, societal need, and adrenaline are just some things off the top of my head why someone may want to be in the medical field.

Motivation of why people do things are not always as selfless as we may think.

More
7 years 2 months ago #272990 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Sith
Were I a Sith, the first thing I would learn to do is learn how to sacrifice myself to get what I need. It is, after all, the only resource I will always have available to me.

rugadd

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi