Visions while meditating... Was it really?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271255 by
I've had a number of visions and other vivid "experiences" whilst meditating.

You're putting your brain into a different state. It's not surprising it behaves abnormally during and perhaps for a short while afterwards :) try not to let it trouble you too much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271257 by
Really interesting to hear what you all have to say. Thanks for being there for me and one another.

May the force be with you all :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271473 by
I usually see things when I meditate. I have posted one of my recent ones in my journal, but I will keep it brief here. I saw myself point to a mirror, to which there was nothing. No reflection of myself. From what I understand, it was perhaps the face I haven't fully found myself yet, and perhaps this is why I see no reflection. I still seek the path to enlightenment, and find my purpose spiritually.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271479 by
I often see things while meditating deeply like colors, scenes, memories replayed, people gone on. Try to remember that while in deep meditation we can actually change the state of consciousness we are in. You may have been viewing a memory or simply experiencing a sub-conscious thought. I have learned that passive experience of these images can be calming and liberating. Do not be afraid because these images come from within you... embrace them. Your sub-conscious mind may simply be asserting itself through these seemingly random images.
Peace.

More
7 years 3 months ago #271480 by Kit
Sisters too I hope?

I do shamanic journeys in place of meditations so I see things and hear things consistently. I post them in my journal and I'm in the middle of building a separate record of them lol. If you're interested, there's a link in my sig.

I'd bet on it being your subconscious representing something as a visual image the way you would in dreams. Maybe you're trying to tell yourself something. :) If it comes again I would recommend study it, try talking to it, focus on how it feels, how it makes you feel, that sort of thing. It could be a representation of you, of one of your fears, a part of you, or something or someone different from you. You won't know until you poke at it. As always, proceed with caution and speak with someone if you feel it becomes dangerous.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271485 by
I agree with many of the comments here. That yes it could be a part of you somewhere deep within your consciousness because we hold both the light and dark within us. And that maybe it is something you could journey to again and commune with if you so wished to or desired to. A lot of the time when I have visions or have seen something, I try not to worry too much about it or look into it. I find that personally for me, when I experience things like this that drawing attention to it might feed more negative energy to it, so I choose to just tuck the experience away, and if it happens again then I might choose to explore it. I find that looking too deep into something like this might just be asking for more worry or trouble (if it is something troublesome). I know it's silly but Yoda told Anakin to not pay too much attention to his visions, for the future, and life, is always in motion and nothing is definite. So really he was saying that being too mindful of something can be potentially bad for yourself or invite negativity/suffering if it becomes an obsession of the mind. Anyway hope this helped maybe a little. Be mindful but not overboard. Namaste!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271507 by
So I meditated last night and the night before, and as I feared, I am not able to fully relax and enter my ''Zone''. But I read your comments carefully and I will try to let go of this feeling of fear. It's hard, but I will get over it by patience and practice. Like I said before, I've never seen something so clear, as if it was there, so it scared me.

Thank you all again for those wonderful comments and similar experiences you shared with me. I will ask the force to guide you all to serenity in my meditation tonight ;). As always, may the force be with you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi