Visions while meditating... Was it really?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271228 by
Good morning brothers.

Sorry again for my sloppy english.

So recently, things been going somewhat down for me. Problems with my friends, family, and in love. My college semester is done since a couple days before christmas. The whole time I did not have, (Or didn't take?) the time to sit down, meditate, and study my IP.

But last night, I meditated, for about 15 minutes. There has been times when I was meditating, that the force really was not with me. But last night, something strange happened. I think... I saw something. Was I daydreaming? Was I falling asleep haha ? Maybe!

I was simply meditating when I saw a face... Completely covered in shadows. Except the eyes, they were barely visible, as if a small light of low intensity was pointing at them. In the back, I could only see a dark green background, like a wall.

It happens quite à while that I think about random stuff while meditating, but this time, I really really saw it, and it wasn't a nice experience. I opened my eyes, and I was scared. The meditation session was over a couple seconds after. What scared is that it wouldn't go away for about 5 seconds. It was very fast, but still scary. The eyes looked up, then they looked at me. Or it could have been the other way around I am still confused about it and don't remember it very well.

I read online about some ''Visions'' people see while meditating. Maybe I just experienced that. (Did I see a force ghost?) And I swear it was there, in my mind. I saw it. Really strange. Don't know if I will meditate tonight.

People on meditation forums said I should be able to elevate myself over them. What are your toughts about this? Have you experienced something like this?

Thanks to take the time to read this.
As always, may the force be with you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271230 by
I've personally never seen anything while meditating unless it's from my own mind, perhaps it was as thought or a memory?

If not then yes, I guess it could be a vision. Perhaps the face could be someone important in your life, and perhaps the shadows indicate either that you don't know this person well or that you need more practice meditating to see the picture clearly.

That's just my speculation, I might be completely wrong. I'd recommend you keep at the meditation. Don't go looking for the face again, but if it appears allow it to appear, don't be afraid and record what happens when your meditation session finishes.

May the Force be with you :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271231 by
Like I'm saying. I'm a little sceptic about it being a vision. But, at the same time, I think it was way more then a tought I think. But I'm not putting any option aside. It was the same as a dream but I was wide awake and I was trying to escape it, cause it was scaring me hahaha. As soon as I wanted to escape it, it started fading and it went away.

Thanks for your response. It's still fun to think about the meaning behind it.

May the force be with you! :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271241 by
I hope you find the answers you search for :)

MTFBWY

More
7 years 3 months ago #271244 by Eleven
Relax and calm your mind trust me your not crazy lol. On a serious note I often times see things, people, places, objects and so on and so forth. What is it? I don't know I cannot answer what you saw was...perhaps it was fear itself you saw...your own "Cave of Evil." I am not here though to interpret your vision but, as you become a jedi and give yourself to The Living Force your at some point going to "Awaken" things you commonly see and understand will pale in comparison to what you know now and what your perception is of what we call the world in front of us. I encourage you to continue your IP studies, learn as much as you can from them, mediate on them, consider the teachings. It will help you grow as a Jedi and a human.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271248 by
I have seen things as well but nothing like what you described, I have seen both into the past & the future(or what I thought was the future) But too help you I am afraid I can not...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271250 by
I've not seen things yet, but I keep trying. I have experienced moments where I heard voices, which makes me sound kind of schizophrenic. It was kind of like Obi-Wan's voice when Luke was flying down the trench, but it was my mom who passed many months earlier. I just heard her voice clear as day say "boy, you need to put your coat on before you catch your death of cold." She also came to me once in a dream, and told me I needed to forgive my biological mother. Then there was a voice that simply told me "tell them they're wrong." That's when I began to looking back into religion and various religions after turning away from the Christian Church for decades.

More
7 years 3 months ago #271251 by Wescli Wardest
I am not an expert, physician or psychiatrist… this is just my opinion.

Sometimes, when meditating, or when we are close to falling asleep, the conscience mind is able to glimpse parts of the subconscious. Each of us is a part of the whole. Meaning that we are creatures of both light and dark. It is the choices we make in our daily lives that strengthen one part over the other. But every part of that whole is always there and always with us.

Being scared is just a part of our natural defense mechanism to keep us safe. When we don’t know what something is we don’t know if we may have to run away or defend ourselves or if it even means us harm. Don’t put too much thought in to being scared. Just don’t let your fears control you.

Everything we can imagine, we can also imagine how it might take a physical form; what it might look like. To deny aspects of our self only allows those things to harbor unchecked and to grow in strength while we ignore them. Suppressing them only spends our efforts trying to keep something at bay that will always be a part of us. Accepting what is as what it is will help you to understand it and in turn, understanding it will help you to accept it for what it is. This will help to keep your spiritual side in balance and your conscience mind the ability to make the choices that will strengthen your spirit and your life.

The next time it shows up during meditation, focus on your breathing. And try to see it for what it is. Who knows what you might discover? You should always guard against harm but don’t let fear take over.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271252 by
Would you know of any ways to consciously tap into that subconscious.

More
7 years 3 months ago #271254 by Wescli Wardest
Meditate. Don’t try, it is a part of you. It will come.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loudzoo

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi