Doulos The Year of the Servant

More
7 years 3 months ago #270067 by Eleven
Hello! it's been awhile since I have posted anything of totjo. Yes, I am still here been a little busy for the holiday season with my family and the crazy work schedule at the store....

However, it's time to get to my topic... So, this is something we're doing in my wife's church and the Pastor was passing out these bands. I don't wear them being that I feel they're an attachment. But, the word is Doulos in greek it actually means slave in a short definition if you will. The whole point of it is to learn humbleness, to serve others around you rather than just yourself. Honestly, I think I am very excited about this whole concept. It made me think of some of our own tenets in totjo. I feel as a jedi that we're to serve our communities and be good stewards of the things we have and the people we're around everyday. I keep mediating on it every morning saying it all the time when I am out and about. Anyways, short and sweet let me know if you have any thoughts... or input

mtfbwy

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #271462 by J. K. Barger
Very interesting; sounds a lot like the "christmas spirit", that is, of "giving the greatest gift" one could, yourself.

Reminds me of the Shinto experience of "humility"..

I think there is alot of value in meditating on this concept this season.

Thanks for sharing :)

MTFBWY as well.

The Force is with you, always.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi