A Jedi Retreat/Temple

More
7 years 5 months ago #262994 by Carlos.Martinez3

Trisskar wrote:

carlos.martinez3 wrote: The possible not absolute problems friend ... smiley face

Sure :) You all are welcome to come stay in my Spider Shed ;) I might one day get the funds to turn it into a studio.....One day. ;)

Attachment h828b5be.jpg not found

white/glowy house in the back corner :-p

Those sunflower's are gorgeous!!!!
if u get a chance ide love to hear from you
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/sermons/2331-carlos

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #262995 by
Replied by on topic A Jedi Retreat/Temple

carlos.martinez3 wrote: Those sunflower's are gorgeous!!!!
if u get a chance ide love to hear from you
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/sermons/2331-carlos

Well....Thank you!! I'll tell you their story in the link provided ^_^ Dont think i can post pictures in that area though so ill post the pics in my journal for you to see :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270791 by
If you are going to label me as the new kid with lofty ideas then go ahead and do that and move on. I for one am in total shock that this has been around for more than a decade and no real, visible attempt has been made at the creation of a Temple.

I am fully aware that there are complications and we would face many hardships but do we not have the goal of making this Order fully realized in the world? I see no better way of doing that then constructing/buying some place we can call our Temple. It does not have to be some grand place like you see in the movies or my profile cover image. It could start as some land or small building located as near to as many current Jedi as possible that requires little upkeep and financing.

If the leadership of this order is looking for motivation other than simply having a Temple for the Temple of the Jedi Order (which should be enough) then consider the growth this order would experience if we had a place people could go and actually see the Order. People disconnect with our reality because, other than donations, this Order is a website. A forum. While I recognize that has served the Order well I think it is beyond time for that next step to be made. That next step is some type of crowdfunding to purchase whatever we are able to in the most convenient location possible. I think if we put all of our effort and as much money as we can afford to into this endeavor that it is well within our reach.

I have spoken to another member, an Initiate, that believes as I do on this matter. They told me of something I fear may be the case. Namely: Keyboard Jedi. That many members of this Order might be here simply because it requires no real action. To account for this, the IP requires a lot of time be dedicated before one can achieve a higher rank than "member" (and even that has a waiting period). While this is the only way to account for this issue as things are currently set up it still allows for that same issue to remain. You have only shifted the work from physical action to some time management, reviewing, writing, and critical thinking (all of which are important but are simply not enough). Think of how a temple could radically change this. Maybe not at first, but eventually the ranks could be assigned based on real action and the showmanship of Jedi values in the real world. The way Jedi should train, both mentally and physically. This would yield far better Jedi than a website ever can or could.

No great thing starts as such. This Order seems to be crawling. I think it is time for it to get up and try to walk. It will be baby steps at first, and they won't be easy steps but as is the case in life, the best work is hard work.

If anyone would like to contact me directly on this matter please feel free to. If you would like to leave a public reply I also encourage that. However, I ask that you do not give me the same reasons it supposedly can't happen I have already heard today. No great thing is easy. A Jedi of all people should realize this.

More
7 years 3 months ago #270798 by Whyte Horse
lol come to the rainbow jedi gathering. I already made a temple a while back and it's been holding strong and bringing lots of interesting folks.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

More
7 years 3 months ago #270799 by steamboat28
Anison said some stuff

Do you have any idea the logistical nightmare that this project is, and how incredibly far beyond any of our financial capabilities it is?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

More
7 years 3 months ago #270800 by JamesSand
For what it's worth Anison,

This Member has established a lovely little temple in central Australia. It has a comfy room for sleeping, another for private contemplation, somewhere to prepare and enjoy delicious meals, and even a spot to conduct a little physical exercise. It has a Garden with herbs and some staples.

It's all round quite lovely actually.

I know that's not what you want, but you can imagine as a humble fellow living in the *deep south*, neither uprooting myself to assist, or sending my resources to a far away land to build some a Temple has little appeal :)

I do admire your fervour though, and would be keen to see your research on available land and building designs in a location of best fit (I believe there is a user map somewhere that could be a guide)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #270808 by

Anison wrote: If you are going to label me as the new kid with lofty ideas then go ahead and do that and move on. I for one am in total shock that this has been around for more than a decade and no real, visible attempt has been made at the creation of a Temple.

Yeeeeeea......Except that the attempt has been given.....Multiple times. Bet ya can't guess what happened...... >_> Instead of flinging mud at people here why not show your commitment and come to a Gathering? Ill be hosting one in Ohio this year. *holds a hand to ear*
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

More
7 years 3 months ago #270823 by Leah Starspectre
You must remember, Anison, that 10 years is not long in the life of a movement like ours. If we're crawling, it's because our temple is still just a baby who hasn't the strength to stand and take a step quite yet.

Would you reprimand a 3 month old child for not walking?

If you have the wherewithal to go out and plan a physical temple, then by all means, lay out your plans for fundraising (both initial and continued), location proposal and building/logistical schematics. I'm certain the Council would be happy to consider it.

Or maybe having a physical temple is simply not a priority to this community. Not quite yet anyways.
We're still finding ourselves.

So before you make claims about what our temple "needs", spend some time here. Learn what our purpose is. Perhaps complete an IP and apprenticeship. And if you're still passionate about making a temple, and have a workable plan, you'll have a better idea of what would be of service to the community.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Breeze el Tierno, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270831 by
Let's imagine for a moment that one of our members won $78 million dollars in the Powerball lottery and donated $10 million to the Temple for construction of a physical Temple. Now what? Read through this thread, and you'll see already how differences pop up about where it should be, how it should be constructed, the architectural design, whether or not it should be self-sufficient.................................... That doesn't even touch the surface of the problems that would be faced. How many would insist that the full $10 million be used as construction-only to make a grand and magnificent structure to show the world we are a real and vital option in the realms of theology and philosophy? How many would say that this idea is ludicrous, and that the Temple should cost no more than 10% leaving the rest as principle. Or cutting the principle in half and using that for salaries--there would have to be people in charge of the day-to-day functioning of the Temple, after all. How many would say that even 10% is far too excessive? And unless there is a large population of members nearby willing to staff it as teachers and instructors on a volunteer basis, they would need to be paid. So now we have paid staff and all of the responsibilities therein. And then who decides what these people are doing? Who are the "students"? How are they selected? Would we not then have a split between Temple-trained and not-Temple-trained? The questions keep coming like layers of an onion.

To me, it's a wonderful dream to have. I think we should all envision a physical place like this where we can all come together. And maybe someday it will happen. We just aren't ready yet.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270839 by

Anison wrote: If you are going to label me as the new kid with lofty ideas then go ahead and do that and move on. I for one am in total shock that this has been around for more than a decade and no real, visible attempt has been made at the creation of a Temple.

I am fully aware that there are complications and we would face many hardships but do we not have the goal of making this Order fully realized in the world? I see no better way of doing that then constructing/buying some place we can call our Temple. It does not have to be some grand place like you see in the movies or my profile cover image. It could start as some land or small building located as near to as many current Jedi as possible that requires little upkeep and financing.

If the leadership of this order is looking for motivation other than simply having a Temple for the Temple of the Jedi Order (which should be enough) then consider the growth this order would experience if we had a place people could go and actually see the Order. People disconnect with our reality because, other than donations, this Order is a website. A forum. While I recognize that has served the Order well I think it is beyond time for that next step to be made. That next step is some type of crowdfunding to purchase whatever we are able to in the most convenient location possible. I think if we put all of our effort and as much money as we can afford to into this endeavor that it is well within our reach.

I have spoken to another member, an Initiate, that believes as I do on this matter. They told me of something I fear may be the case. Namely: Keyboard Jedi. That many members of this Order might be here simply because it requires no real action. To account for this, the IP requires a lot of time be dedicated before one can achieve a higher rank than "member" (and even that has a waiting period). While this is the only way to account for this issue as things are currently set up it still allows for that same issue to remain. You have only shifted the work from physical action to some time management, reviewing, writing, and critical thinking (all of which are important but are simply not enough). Think of how a temple could radically change this. Maybe not at first, but eventually the ranks could be assigned based on real action and the showmanship of Jedi values in the real world. The way Jedi should train, both mentally and physically. This would yield far better Jedi than a website ever can or could.

No great thing starts as such. This Order seems to be crawling. I think it is time for it to get up and try to walk. It will be baby steps at first, and they won't be easy steps but as is the case in life, the best work is hard work.

If anyone would like to contact me directly on this matter please feel free to. If you would like to leave a public reply I also encourage that. However, I ask that you do not give me the same reasons it supposedly can't happen I have already heard today. No great thing is easy. A Jedi of all people should realize this.

I am fully aware off the need for some people desperately trying to have a real life Temple , but i dont see how not having a real life Temple is making this Teaching Area less in any once eyes , its a bit weird to demand stuff as you enter an academic learning enviroment that is based online for good reasons , We live wide and far apart and this Online Temple is a wonderfull place to bring us all together , i am not stopping anyone from builiding a phisical Temple , but i don't like the condesending tone of your message. As it disputes our validity as a Jedi community , opinions may differ , and we may even not agree on certain matters , but what we dont do here as Jedi is question the good intend and hard work that many of us put in this Temple , so as far as i am concerned , i will take your worries for what they are ...your worries , again i am not doing this out of disrespect , but i see no need for a phisical Temple as for now , we have Jedi meetings , Jedi meditation circles and Jedi getttogethers via Google and Skype , everything else will or will not grow from this !

As for the Controlling elements , yes we have Armchair Jedi here , yes they know who they are , no they are not my concern nor should they be as i am too busy making my own little Jedi empire , and the fake ones will one day discover their inadequacy and have to take action themselfes , we are not a Kindergarten we are an Academic learning Enviroment , and you Jedi up as you see fit here

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi