A Jedi Retreat/Temple

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #262962 by Carlos.Martinez3
Yea, the fact is we all know it cost money to do the things we dream. The way I see it these many request and many more on the subject may lead to some small cabin in the back of the property or a home out reach. Every one knows shits expensive, flat out but some day one of us may.... some day one of us might, a few of us, all of us you never know, the potential for every human is always possible every day and every moment.
If I had the means trust me there would be more communes and hospitals than stores. think about that one for a bit if you dont mind. Nothing wrong with dreaming.
if you need an invitation here it is

Invitation
if your a dreamer, come in,
If your a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If your a pretender, come sit by MY fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin,
Come in!
Come in!

Shel S.
Where the sidewalk ends

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #262969 by
Replied by on topic A Jedi Retreat/Temple

Heut wrote: there had been so many joking-around-answers here that it seemed that nobody is taking the idea and discussion of jeffery earnest (is that possible to say in english?)

This would be because the subject is so old and tired and talked about so frequently that people must joke in order to keep from being overly critical (As you will shortly see below). Its no longer an earnest topic....just a stupidly common one.

And that means no disrespect to Jeffery. But as Manu mentioned....it seems to have good intentions but forced on the wings of something entirely different.

that is by the way is why monks and clerics had to be wifeless and living their life dedicated to the "god/religion"

Jedi. To me....Does not resemble Monks. I would never give up my life for Jedi. Jedi is meant to be part of the life I have not part of a sacrifice i give.

gatherings are really cool and important, but not the same as a real settled community. there had been reasons why you had to go to church one a week with your body. it forms a community, a bond between people.
gatherings are more compareable to a pilgramage.

You clearly have not been to a gathering then ;) One might argue that the bonds of us who meet up once or twice a year is stronger than any bond one might form on a constant daily basis. Such an environment creates a stagnation of familiarity, regret, and negativity.

thanks for the invitation but i m living in europe and wont be agle to hop the big lake ;)

Mhm ;) Such is the excuse often received. "Dedicate your life to a temple!! But I don't have time for a weekend across seas."

Again....Meaning no disrespect.... But you did seem interested in Honest answers ;)

Simple fact is...If we can't even give value to the small things like a Gathering. Then there is no way in hell we can ever see a physical temple hold shape and form.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by .

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #262970 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic A Jedi Retreat/Temple
would it be possible to merge all the temple threads together and sticky it so that new ones dont come up every 2 months?

or just sticky this one? or the last one?
or the one before that which iirc was the best one?

or maybe the "your ideal temple grounds" which was less "we need a temple" and more" how would you design a temple in your perfect world?" which was kind of fun lol

new people dont know that its been done to death and its not their fault that everyone else is tired of it, but it HAS been done to death and everyone else IS tired of it lol so a stickie seems like it would solve the whole thing?

and is it "sticky" or "stickie" in this context? lol

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex, Leah Starspectre

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #262972 by
Why not just create a new thread
"Offline Jedi Temple Library"

And then just list all of the temple threads links into the one with Categories for Library purposes? It would require a volunteer to put it all together though im sure. :) Once complete, someone could pin it :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #262975 by
in fact....give me a bit. I got nothing to do for the next hour XD

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #262981 by

This would be because the subject is so old and tired and talked about so frequently that people must joke in order to keep from being overly critical (As you will shortly see below). Its no longer an earnest topic....just a stupidly common one.

though i understand that it gets annoying. it is not fair and nice to start taking others not serious anymore.
the idea to put up some site with links to the old discussions is nice, but in the end new people have to think their own thought and talk about it again. if you dont have anything helpful to contribute, then just dont.

And that means no disrespect to Jeffery. But as Manu mentioned....it seems to have good intentions but forced on the wings of something entirely different.

i can see that, but i think thats making sense in a way as well. but yeah this is a other thing to discuss about.

Jedi. To me....Does not resemble Monks. I would never give up my life for Jedi. Jedi is meant to be part of the life I have not part of a sacrifice i give.

mh to me a jedi are kind of monks. the first thing in the IP is about the adventure of the hero, someone who gives his life for the bigger.
dont get me wrong. all good with meditating once or twice a week and beeing a nice person in general. but i think there are different levels of dedication to the topic wich all have their right to exist. and to be like buddha or jesus are quite big aims.

You clearly have not been to a gathering then ;) One might argue that the bonds of us who meet up once or twice a year is stronger than any bond one might form on a constant daily basis. Such an environment creates a stagnation of familiarity, regret, and negativity.

i wasnt saying that gathering arent super nice and important. i have freinds from far and we max see every few years and its a special time always :)

Mhm ;) Such is the excuse often received. "Dedicate your life to a temple!! But I don't have time for a weekend across seas."

haha i m living of 450€ a month. just think about that and calculate. i mean, for real, all food, clothes, fun time. i can save 50-100 in a month if i try hard.
and by the way, flying that distance for a weekend is the absolute opposite of taking responsibility for our planet.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #262985 by

Heut wrote: though i understand that it gets annoying. it is not fair and nice to start taking others not serious anymore. the idea to put up some site with links to the old discussions is nice, but in the end new people have to think their own thought and talk about it again.

Absolutely :) But it is kind of give or take thing here....I don't think anyone here has disrespected the Idea and thought presented by Jeffery. In fact some even went the extra mile to put up their dream (im still looking for my file) Take the good and ignore the assumed "Bad"

if you dont have anything helpful to contribute, then just dont.

Correct....but criticizing people for being "Hilarious" is no better ;) There are reason....stick to your game. Let others do theirs.

mh to me a jedi are kind of monks. the first thing in the IP is about the adventure of the hero, someone who gives his life for the bigger.

Again a matter of interpretation. You have no idea what I gave up to be where I am....I have to live with that bitter pill. In fact I just got reminded of it just a moment ago. :-/ (Mom called...) Im not about to repeat that adventure nor am I the only one who has a story of pain and loss for the Journey.

haha i m living of 450€ a month. just think about that and calculate. i mean, for real, all food, clothes, fun time. i can save 50-100 in a month if i try hard. and by the way, flying that distance for a weekend is the absolute opposite of taking responsibility for our planet.

Thus serves my point. Do you really think any of us here are living in any better conditions? Where in your finances do you have the time, money or ability to build a temple for Jedi?

I am married and have two kids. We live off of my husbands ONLY Income and barely have enough to keep this house from falling over our heads (Literally - The repair costs are crushing) My husband is currently on the teetertoter between keeping a job and losing it and I am saving dollars and pennys just so my daughters can go to dance class next year. And its now been 15 years of "I will see my family across the country....next year." because we cannot afford $4000 to travel.

This is just barely touching the ice burg to the problem of Jedi Temples.

More
7 years 5 months ago #262988 by Carlos.Martinez3

Trisskar wrote:

Heut wrote: though i understand that it gets annoying. it is not fair and nice to start taking others not serious anymore. the idea to put up some site with links to the old discussions is nice, but in the end new people have to think their own thought and talk about it again.

Absolutely :) But it is kind of give or take thing here....I don't think anyone here has disrespected the Idea and thought presented by Jeffery. In fact some even went the extra mile to put up their dream (im still looking for my file) Take the good and ignore the assumed "Bad"

if you dont have anything helpful to contribute, then just dont.

Correct....but criticizing people for being "Hilarious" is no better ;) There are reason....stick to your game. Let others do theirs.

Again a matter of interpretation. You have no idea what I gave up to be where I am....I have to live with that bitter pill. In fact I just got reminded of it just a moment ago. :-/ (Mom called...) Im not about to repeat that adventure nor am I the only one who has a story of pain and loss for the Journey.

haha i m living of 450€ a month. just think about that and calculate. i mean, for real, all food, clothes, fun time. i can save 50-100 in a month if i try hard. and by the way, flying that distance for a weekend is the absolute opposite of taking responsibility for our planet.

Thus serves my point. Do you really think any of us here are living in any better conditions? Where in your finances do you have the time, money or ability to build a temple for Jedi?

I am married and have two kids. We live off of my husbands ONLY Income and barely have enough to keep this house from falling over our heads (Literally - The repair costs are crushing) My husband is currently on the teetertoter between keeping a job and losing it and I am saving dollars and pennys just so my daughters can go to dance class next year. And its now been 15 years of "I will see my family across the country....next year." because we cannot afford $4000 to travel.

This is just barely touching the ice burg to the problem of Jedi Temples.

The possible not absolute problems friend ... smiley face

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #262989 by

carlos.martinez3 wrote: The possible not absolute problems friend ... smiley face

Sure :) You all are welcome to come stay in my Spider Shed ;) I might one day get the funds to turn it into a studio.....One day. ;)

Attachment h828b5be.jpg not found

white/glowy house in the back corner :-p
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #262992 by
Well still digging :laugh: But here is where i am compiling. Feel free to PM me if you find one's im missing! Currently on Open Discussions page 24 https://docs.google.com/document/d/109mp8rVNhCiorE4it2eaqBprH3CnPofBnxtDVegZF44/edit

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi