I am here yet, I am gone yet, I am now here.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #261960 by

Sven One wrote: I told her today, "Allah, Akbar!! I said it loudly and said, "Allah, Akbar!! he is one!"

You couldn't just leave the poor woman alone? And you had to shout religious weirdness and draw attention to her when we live in a world crammed full of people that openly hate Muslims right now? My bosses would immediately discipline any employee that did this to a customer. At my company, I believe that would get you fired. Regardless of her reaction being positive, that was NOT okay. You put her in great danger by singling her out. Did you shout "HEY LOOK AT THE GAY!" at the next person who came through the line wearing a pride pin too?

Desolous wrote: Losing blocks of time like that is problematic. I would be concerned.

I'm much more concerned about what I've responded to here, but I agree with Des.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #262580 by Eleven
Okay snow that sounds like a personal problem. Since that conversation this woman has invited me home to her family and talk about the Quran. Secondly I'm in charge. And thirdly what was wrong with that? Religious weirdness? I live my faith very boldly thank you very much what is wrong with that? It's not any means of converting or saying they're going to hell if they don't believe what I profess. I understand your point of Tolerance but I did not say anything disrespectful and clearly the fruits of that response she invited me to dine with her family and take a lesson in the study of the Quran. I just disgree with your statement and quite frankly I think that was an attack against me not in order to help me. Remember there is no emotion there is peace and what I did was in the name of peace tolerance and an open mind. I live in America I don't know about you but I'm allowed to openly to believe and express myself any way shape or fashion I see fit as long as I am not causing physical harm to anybody why should it matter or emotionally mentally why should what I said matter? And if you feel like I'm attacking and retaliated on you that's fine I'm only making a point I believe you're wrong and yes this is an open discussion post but I think what you said was wrong

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Eleven. Reason: Typos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #262606 by
interesting. hmmmm

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #262610 by
Well, my brother, there are constants in life, you can be certain that there are as many opinions as grains of matter in the universe. And, no good deed goes unpunished.

Perhaps the universe prompted you to connect at that moment or perhaps there was a chemical imbalance... The real question is what it means to you here and now.

Have you had a chance to further reflect on it's meaning for you?

More
7 years 6 months ago #262611 by Tellahane
From the medical side of it, one of two things could have happened that I do see from time to time working in both EMS and a trauma specialized EMS.

If you have had a decent concussion before, even years prior, it can prevent long term memories from being formed in the area where you had the concussion damage. Memories aren't really stored in a linear format in the brain, they kinda just fill in where your brain manages to decide to fill it so I've seen a pt. have a similar effect, had a strong history of concussions and they couldn't remember their race at all so we transported assuming a concussion and turns out they were clean, but the explanation from the doctor is what I'm going off here. Sometimes even many years later if your brain tries to store long term memories near enough to where there was previous damage it doesn't properly store memories, and sometimes can give you lapses at random times. I forget the name of the condition but there is one, not really anything you can do and while your in that moment your still operating at normal brain activity making normal decisions it doesn't effect you in any way other then not remembering it so they don't really worry about it.

The other obvious one was if your blood sugar had dropped to a low level, can also cause the same thing but unless you hadn't eaten in sometime and/or are diabetic in anyway shape or form I doubt that was the case.

On the complete flip side of that, your brain eventually does try and heal itself and correct damage even from years prior. There are rare times where it fixes a branch that hits that damaged area and you suddenly remember things you've never remembered before, that is a bit more of a trip =p
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #262612 by
I forget how detached people are from reality here sometimes. I withdraw my end of the discussion.

Have fun playing with the unicorns out in the yard.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #262618 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote: I forget how detached people are from reality here sometimes. I withdraw my end of the discussion.

Have fun playing with the unicorns out in the yard.

Oops, you missed a piece of lego over there!

How did this become about you?

Sorry, derail, my bad...

Cheers,

Arkayik

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #262627 by JamesSand

I forget how detached people are from reality here sometimes.

Who's reality? :P

I see the point you are trying to make, but it's inserting assumptions into the scenario that we are not in a position to make.

The OP was fairly vague - we don't know if this was an interaction with a woman he's served a hundred times in a small boutique or grocery store, or if he was chasing her across a Walmart screaming at the top of his lungs.

we live in a world crammed full of people that openly hate Muslims right now?

Crammed eh? I've got two muslims in my office (and two christians, and one smoker, and one person who wears glasses, two women, three men with receding hairlines, and three people who speak english as a second language)

The smoker is probably the least popular.

The only people who hate muslims are the spuds who watch too much news and have their heads up their arses.

As for the OP - I lose many hours. Never the ones I wish I could though :pinch:

I've got no idea what happens for you, but I suspect your brain filters "garbage" to a certain extent and dumps what it doesn't need.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by JamesSand.

More
7 years 6 months ago #262633 by Brick

JamesSand wrote:

I forget how detached people are from reality here sometimes.

Who's reality? :P

Exactly, in reality we do not 'live in a world crammed full of people that openly hate Muslims', but live in a world where the news is crammed full of reports on people who hate Muslims. The news won't report on the 99.99% of people who don't openly hate Muslims because a normal, rational, human being is not a headline-grabbing, news worthy story.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #262645 by

Arkayik wrote: How did this become about you?

By 3 of you responding after my last comment :whistle:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi