I am here yet, I am gone yet, I am now here.

More
7 years 6 months ago #261799 by Eleven
I had an intresting thing happen to me today at work. I found myself helping cashier and I was talking to one of my regulars who happens to be muslim. Due, to her religious views she refuses to talk much or even tell me her name and I respect that but, she is very nice what little she does say to me and I enjoy her kindness that she does show me. I told her today, "Allah, Akbar!! I said it loudly and said, "Allah, Akbar!! he is one!" She smiled very big and I continued saying, "I feel it's very important to the word of God out in the open and when reading it outloud." She smiled and said, "Yes, yes, me too!!" she laughed happily. I continued, "Hear O' Israel The Lord our God is One!" and I said, "Here O' Israel Isa Al Salam is One!(Jesus)" She begun to get a big smile on her face as I said it out loud and loudly for everyone to hear...suddenly...after receiting it I found myself not there anymore but, rather in the customer service desk. The line that I was serving was gone and I found myself counting a till. I came to myself, "Whoa...what was that?" What just happened? I know I didn't just imagine that, did I go into a meditative trance without realizing it? I asked my co worker if she had perceived that occurance of the event that took place and she responded, "Yes, but that was twenty minutes ago." Yet, I felt like i had just witnessed it. I asked my co worker again and her answer was the same. How is it that I do not recall coming to the customer service desk? what did I do twenty minutes ago? How curious and perplexed I was I almost felt like I had translated a short period of time...I am unsure of this event. I cannot believe that I was that careless to not realize or be aware of a twenty minute gap in time...how odd...
any thoughts my fellow Jedi?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #261816 by Kohadre
Having been through similar experiences myself, sounds like a moment of disassociation / psychosis. Just being honest.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

So long and thanks for all the fish
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Kohadre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #261822 by
That happens sometimes. I usually hear it described as "going on autopilot" for a bit. Nothing interesting enough happens for our brains to really remember much of it consciously. Most of the time I hear people talking about it when driving home from work or something mundane like that.

More
7 years 6 months ago #261841 by Eleven
Interesting. Perhaps it is psychosis. I am not sure. I often have times like driving home I don't even really have to think to know how to get home. I am almost likrle aware of my surroundings yet I am not.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

More
7 years 6 months ago #261843 by Zenchi
Happened to me quite a few times in the nineties, and is the reason I quit smoking Marijuana lol...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 6 months ago #261850 by Jestor
Yes... I have had it happen as well...

And how do we know what happened?

I had a motorcycle accident when I was young, and, I think I have memory problems (I think?) on occasion...

How do you know you have not had others you have not noticed? A question I have pondered for myself... lol...

My wife says, "I told you", I say, "I dont remember", she says, "Your memory sucks"...

But does it?

I know I have forgotten things, who hasnt?

In the case of my wifes and my conversation, I continued the last time she said this; "Well, I know I have forgotten to tell people things... And, if I forgot, how would I know until I remembered that I forgot?"

So, did my wife really tell me? Or is she thinking she did, but didnt? Did I forget?

Do you remember the last time you forgot a space of time?

You noticed this one... :)

:lol:

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #261851 by
Losing blocks of time like that is problematic. I would be concerned.

More
7 years 6 months ago #261921 by Eleven
When I was younger I was an ex-pro wrestler and I took a few shots to the Head in my one year of going pro and I took the wisdom of an older wrestler that the business does not cater to the older wrestlers as it does the Young and I should get out while I have my health I did and I'm glad I did it's only business I've ever worked in or had a job where you are constantly in pain. Once I got out I did go to the doctor and have a scan of my brain and my muscle and tissue. The doctor said that I was perfectly fine although he was shocked that there was no abnormalities or brain damage from the kind of beatings I took in the ring but that he suggested every couple years to come see him. I just recently had one recently he told me that I was overweight and I need to lose some weight and that my brain age was about that of a 42 year old which is roughly 12 years older than what I actually am. But he said no abnormalities and then I was healthy other than being obese. No high blood pressure no high cholesterol no bad symptoms. But like I said he would encourage me to lose some weight and do cardio because it helps with memory and brain age which I have been doing on and off still got a lot of work to do

More
7 years 6 months ago #261922 by Eleven
Well let me correct myself I do have anxiety but he also thinks that's because of energy drinks that I consume but I haven't drank one since I went to the hospital with symptoms of a stroke without it being a stroke so I guess you can't say that I'm going to go perfectly healthy but it does definitely have to do with my weight

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #261957 by x57z12
When I was younger I climbed a tree back in the woods. A branch did not carry and I fell about ten meters through the tree. Since there were fir needles about five centimeters thick on the ground I basically bounced back of it. Next thing I remember is me being almost home. I don’t recall getting up, or starting to walk, or even making the decision to go home. I notice this ‘feature’ to this day. Whenever I am wounded or intoxicated beyond a certain point this auto-recall kicks in and I get the drive to go home (which is wherever I perceive home to be at that time). If I resist the urge too long or the state that caused it aggravates, I lose time again and start remembering when I’m almost back home.

Sometime after that I went through the traumatic phase. I do not remember anything about it, though I see the signs and scars. I am currently trying to regain these memories as there are certain parts in it I need to finish the whole mess. These memories did not get drowned out by some kind of autopilot. They were locked away to protect. The second kind of ‘lost memories’ I experienced.

When I was in therapy, I met someone who would disassociate. It was a rather noticeable change in her, people could tell she wasn’t there. I don’t know how much attention your coworkers payed, but I’d imagine they would have noticed you ‘drifting away’. We were taught to help her, by the way, by making her name 5 things she could see, 5 she could hear, 5 she could smell. Then 4 other things of each, then 3. I found it to be a very useful exercise to anchor myself to reality/my surroundings.

If it was a onetime thing, I wouldn’t give it to much thought as long as no one approached you asking what you were doing (i.e. as long as you didn’t do anything out of the ordinary during the lost time) and as long as your doctor thinks it is harmless. If it repeats, I’d try to figure it out as fast as possible though. My two cents only though, at your discretion.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by x57z12. Reason: notice -> noticed; -do

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi