What do you think comes after death?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258320 by
Although we will never know while we are alive, everyone has their own idea on what will come next. Fascinating, I think.

What do you think comes after death? Something, nothing, new life? Personally I believe there is a heaven, but I also see death as the next great adventure!

Apparently my family line has a motto: "May I neither dread not desire the final day." Personally I think that sums up my opinion on the idea. What about you?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258325 by
I don't know, but I've thought about it a lot recently. There are family members I lost and never knew and those I loved dearly, and to think that I'd never meet or never see my loved ones again, is rather depressing. So I hold up hope that there is a heaven.

More
7 years 6 months ago #258327 by Lykeios Little Raven
I believe in reincarnation and the Underworld. I think after we die we are reborn in some other form and live out another life. After perhaps several lifetimes we are deemed ready for a more permanent afterlife and end up in the Underworld. We may be placed in one of a few different places in the Underworld. There are the fields of asphodel which is reserved for normal souls that did not live out extraordinary lives. There is Tartaros which is reserved for people who have done heinous and vile things in their lives. Then there is Elysium and the Isles of the Blessed which is only for those who have distinguished themselves as heroes in life. The Fields of Asphodel are sort of a bland place where the souls of the dead just mill about aimlessly. Tartaros is a place of torture and punishment. Elysium is akin to heaven where heroes live in a paradise of pleasure and happiness.

I could be very wrong about all this. I accept the possibility that there is no life after death and that dying will be like going into an eternal sleep without dreams.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258330 by
Great motto Harri, I really like it and I think it sums even my idea on how to go trough thoughts on our last day.
For what is "beyond" I think I cannot know and if I can probably I'll discover it just in the last moment. All of that being said, if I have to make a guess, or better, say what I hope there is I would say another life in some form. It would make me smile discovering that our consciousness and feelings are something that does not go destroyed when our heart stops beating.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #258332 by Adder
Dunno!! An interesting fantasy is its a training simulation that upon death you actually start your life in a more civil advanced peaceful society, which just happens to [strike]exorcise[/strike] exercise out violence and immaturity in its newborns with this Earth simulation
:silly:
... and I've had a good near death experience which was stereotypical, so there is that whole space is actually filled with white light populated by peace loving spirits who can float around at will
:side:
But for me the most practical to maintain my focus is a rebirth spiritual evolution process, which does link into that last NDE a little, and even perhaps the first one if time is part of the illusion to be understood in the simulation
:S
So... I don't subscribe to any one particular belief, but exercise different ones as required to see how they change my experience of the 'now' in the way that my Jedi path might lead.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258364 by
one did I attended some shamanics rituals. In these rituals I experienced a bodily extra trip and was transported to a place with a great light, like a ball of energy. There I talked to this force, and I believe it is the same force that we refer to here. When I was there I understood that there is no life or death. Everything is one thing, as the two halves of the same coin, time on the one hand, time for another, but always the parts of the currency make it as a whole. So, I know that life is not tied to the body, but this is the only life we can see, touch and understand; everything that happens beyond here is beyond what we normally see. I believe it

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #258368 by
I think lots of things come after death.

I just don't think said dead individual is around for it in any way natural,or supernatural.

Life goes on though.

My motto is that of Syrio Forel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqihaEPq_lY
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258483 by

Death, yet the Force wrote: What do you think comes after death? ?

Everything else. No hurry to find out though.

More
7 years 6 months ago #258485 by rugadd
Is this a trick question? We already know what happens to our body.

Soul? Consciousness? Spiritual being? The echoes of our actions and the perspective of those who knew us is the closest to an after life or spiritual presence there has ever been proven to be.

That said, I'm not dead yet, so I just don't know.

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258498 by
Nothing, not for the person who died. Their memory and actions live on through the influence their had, but that's it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi