Book Club?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #255078 by
Book Club? was created by
Would anyone be interested in a book club? Nothing fancy, just discussing a book we read each month--preferably something mostly unrelated to the IP or anything that would be at risk of violating the "no teaching" rule. General fiction/nonfiction/whatever genre we decide (we can vote before each month). What do you all think? :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #255079 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Book Club?
Count me in :)

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 8 months ago #255086 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Book Club?
If you get enough interest, I think maybe getting a group set up on the wall would be a great tool to use. There could be discussions set up for each book, announcements for the books, that sort of thing :)

I can't join in on EVERY month but I would love to be apart of this :D and will admin the group if we get enough interest to make one :D

More
7 years 8 months ago #255087 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Book Club?
Nothing wrong with a book club. The exchange of ideas about a common thing… cool.

Where would you get the reading material from? There is a bit in the library, and several places on line to get stuff for free.

Also, what kinds of books would you consider covering?

Just curious.

:)

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #255089 by
Replied by on topic Book Club?
Count me in. Sounds like a good time.

More
7 years 8 months ago #255090 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Book Club?

Wescli Wardest wrote: Nothing wrong with a book club. The exchange of ideas about a common thing… cool.

Where would you get the reading material from? There is a bit in the library, and several places on line to get stuff for free.

Also, what kinds of books would you consider covering?

Just curious.

:)

Someone suggests one... we all read that if we agree... we get the reading material from wherever we feel comfortable... that's my thoughts. We could read anything...

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit,

More
7 years 8 months ago #255098 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Book Club?
I ask because if it is something that may be interesting to me I might join. If we would just be reading dime novels… yah, maybe not.

LOL :P

Monastic Order of Knights

More
7 years 8 months ago #255100 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Book Club?
Pass but great idea

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
7 years 8 months ago #255101 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Book Club?

Wescli Wardest wrote: I ask because if it is something that may be interesting to me I might join. If we would just be reading dime novels… yah, maybe not.

LOL :P

Haha I was thinking of books that have some sort of meaning, that are good examples of the Hero's Journey, impact our own journey in some way, or are simply something we enjoy.

I was going to suggest the books I have listed in my optional reading list for my apprentices. They're all fantasy and sci-fi books that I enjoy, and feel impacted my growth in one way or another. And then there's a few books that I just love that I'd love to share with others :)

I just love reading XD

(Sorry Jamie, I hope I'm not coming across as trying to run away with your project, you just really inspired me and got me all excited :D )

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #255105 by
Replied by on topic Book Club?

Edan wrote:
Someone suggests one... we all read that if we agree... we get the reading material from wherever we feel comfortable... that's my thoughts. We could read anything...

Thank you, Edan, for saying it perfectly because that's how I was thinking it could go.

And no worries about running away with it, Kit. :laugh: I'm ecstatic that you're inspired and excited; you also know more about creating groups and the setting up of that than I do, so I appreciate your help, especially with sponsoring it. And again, your reading list sounds excellent.

Looks like we have five people so far. I think that's a good start, but if it's up to the moderators to decide then I'm okay with that. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi