I have a very good question!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254523 by
Has anyone of the Temple of the Jedi Order - Specifically a Jedi turned to the Darkside?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #254525 by Rosalyn J
I suppose I'd have to know what you meant by "the dark side"

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254526 by
Replied by on topic I have a very good question!

Rosalyn J wrote: I suppose I'd have to know what you meant by "the dark side"

Turned on the ways of the Jedi, committed Evil - Burst out in anger, continued with bad deeds inside the Order?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #254529 by
Replied by on topic I have a very good question!

Zeebo wrote: Has anyone of the Temple of the Jedi Order - Specifically a Jedi turned to the Darkside?

I do not know about TofJO .... but I know of others who claimed they were Jedi and now on the Dark Side ... But they maybe just in to cosplay also :P

Anyone can have a bad day and have a full meltdown and do bad things that harm themselves and others and can been seen as being on the dark side. I know there are days and even weeks when I have wanted to say screw it and do everything completely opposite to the norm, so you could say that is turning to the dark side.

More
7 years 8 months ago #254530 by Rosalyn J
Well, we have all been human. The key to understanding this forum as opposed to the Star Wars Jedi as illustrated in the fiction, is that we don't make such cut and dry delineations (at least in my experience) between the light and the dark side. Have I ever burst into anger? Yes! Committed evil? I suppose that would depend on who was defining evil. And bad deeds, again, a matter of point of view.

If/when you get into the Initiate's Program, the Campbell lectures will help you to understand what I am saying better

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Loudzoo, MadHatter

More
7 years 8 months ago #254531 by Kit

Zeebo wrote:

Rosalyn J wrote: I suppose I'd have to know what you meant by "the dark side"

Turned on the ways of the Jedi, committed Evil - Burst out in anger, continued with bad deeds inside the Order?

Haha that's all subjective :) by that description then I do on a regular basis ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Zenchi, OB1Shinobi, MadHatter

More
7 years 8 months ago #254533 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic I have a very good question!
If I must, I find it easier to view it as a direction rather then a destination - you can always change your course.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo

More
7 years 8 months ago #254534 by JamesSand

Has anyone of the Temple of the Jedi Order - Specifically a Jedi turned to the Darkside?

TOTJO is interesting as membership is essentially self-sustaining. You choose to arrive, and you choose to come back. There is no punishment for not (other than not being in contact with your community, if it has become valuable to you). The oath is a personal bind, and if you can justify it internally, easily broken.

It is not like other Churches, or Clubs, Societies, Sects, Militaries, Cults, Professional Guilds - I have not undergone study with a master here, but I doubt you become as indoctrinated as you would with the aforementioned groups, and most of us come here as adults - it is not a core of a development and self identity.

so, "turning" from it is not nearly so dramatic as in the Jedi of myth.

Leaving the teachings of the TOTJO is unlikely to have the same ramifications as leaving the cultural laws and practices of a country, profession, employer, or family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
7 years 8 months ago #254555 by Gisteron
The degree of commitment varies a lot here. From what I observed, newcomers tend overall to be more orthodox and fundamentalist than old active members. If I were mean in spirit I could use your very good question as an example of just that. Among veteran users few spend much of their time worrying about the natural oscillations of their emotions. Few divide so sharply between the light and the dark, too, and almost noone understands the dark as something evil or the light as something inherently preferable. This is not to say that either position is more correct than the other, nor that it takes time to get there. Some come here with all of the moderacy they will ever grow, others remain almost dogmatic well after their training. Taken past a particular line, I personally think that both stances can get rather severely flawed.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Kit, Edan, Loudzoo

More
7 years 8 months ago #254557 by JamesSand

Some come here with all of the moderacy they will ever grow, others remain almost dogmatic well after their training. Taken past a particular line, I personally think that both stances can get rather severely flawed.

I try to keep my moderacy to moderate levels. :pinch:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi