Handicap people killed in Japan & no one care!

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251057 by FTPC
I can Across this post thanks to Roz and Since we are in the same boat I am Pissed off at Japan
"Because it said that Disable people are better off Dead".. Look As a Handicap person and jedi in training
I know that I have been tross a bad hand in life. but the force chooses when I die
Not some one or not the usa..

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2016/07/26/3801978/japan-stabbing/

May the force be with you all

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by FTPC.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251061 by

FTPC wrote: I am Pissed off at Japan

Why are you pissed off at Japan? Every single Japanese person I've spoken to about this subject has expressed anger and anguish over this horrific event. And in terms of how the nation itself does in regards to disabled people, Japan is leaps and bounds ahead* of the United States, largely by necessity, since so many Japanese people are elderly (with age usually comes disabilities.) But then again, most first world nations are leaps and bounds ahead of the U.S. in that respect.

* with one major exception: mental health and related disabilities. It is hard for me to say whether Japan is worse or better than the U.S., since both are pretty bad about stigmatizing, suppressing and ignoring such things on a national/societal level.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

More
7 years 8 months ago #251062 by Lykeios Little Raven
It wasn't Japan saying that disabled people are better off dead, just that one person who carried out these brutal murders. However, it is horrible that this happened. I'm shocked and appalled that someone could do that to anyone much less people with disabilities. It's tragic. Though it sounds like the people of Japan are just as horrified over the murders. Doesn't seem like no one cares.

My heart goes out to the families of those who have been murdered.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, FTPC

More
7 years 8 months ago #251064 by Rosalyn J
As with other acts of violence, we must not allow the actions of one person to be demonstrative of the feelings of an entire group of people. Yes, this is wrong, but this is not Japan. This is one person committing an act, not a nation. As a human race, I believe we have made great strides in equality. Certainly we have a ways to go (as clearly demonstrated here), but we are moving forward though the progress be slow.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, FTPC

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251065 by
Uhh How is Japan responsible for this? This is is like saying that the USA has a vendetta against Gays because of the night club attack in Miami! This makes no sense. What even floors me more than this is peoples outrage over the death of humans or others comments to such, and their attempt to blame an establishment for this, when we euthanize over 2.5 million animals each year without a thought! No one complains or starts a thread about them. Why is any one life, no matter whether it be human or animal, considered more important than another? I find it sickening...
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

More
7 years 8 months ago #251066 by Adder
That particular quote was from the offender himself, and so seemingly unrelated to any nations opinion or reaction. It was on the news quite widely at the time from what I can tell, in pretty clear and concise terms as to its nature. I think most all people found the crime appalling.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: FTPC

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251070 by
He's just another psycho. Like the Nice attacker. Like the German gunner. Those two had no allegiance with ISIS, ISIS was their scapegoat. The orlando shooter, was not a psycho, but that's another story ...

More
7 years 8 months ago #251090 by FTPC
Ok I am not totally upset or mad at or with japan.. I am Just pissed at the Person that wrote or said the Disable are better off dead " If you read the artlice it is in there turst me and why I kind of mad at japan because no ones cares. and the only reason why I came across it was because of roz. and it the usa did all the major news channel cover it, I will have to check,

This world has become a box of crayons well about 50 %
well here are four things That don't see color
1 Violence
2 Being Challeged or handicap
3 The jedi path or your path as a jedi
4 The Force & faith

I just mad because it happen to the disable, and I am one of them..
MTFBWy May the force be with you

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #251092 by Leah Starspectre
According to the article, there was one person, who had a history of antisocial behavior (including being hospitalized for expressing a desire to kill disabled people). It was him who said that all disabled people should be killed. This was a planned attack by one person who was not well. In response, the community, and indeed the country was shocked and horrified.

They indicated that this incident was the largest mass killing in post-war Japan. Think about that: over 60 years, and the biggest mass murder is 19 people (25 injured). As a country, they seem to have an excellent handle on violent crime compared to many developed countries.

So what reason is there to be upset with anybody but the killer in this clearly isolated tragedy?

I know it's difficult too stay unbiased when something like this happens within you own community, but try not to let your emotion cloud your judgement - emotion, yet peace.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Leah Starspectre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, FTPC

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251093 by
It didn't get a great deal of coverage that I noticed, mostly I saw it from activist friends of mine and the /r/worldnews post on Reddit. The media is probably gonna report that it happened but it's something that happened, and has now been mostly resolved. It's not going to be this big, blown-out thing because it doesn't fit anybody's political agenda to hype it up.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi