Meditation

More
7 years 9 months ago #249168 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Meditation
I practice a few different things that might be considered meditation, which includes sitting meditation (various methods), Qigong and Tai Chi Chuan, and general breathing exercises from various cultures. Usually I'll practice one or the other up to 4 times a week for 15-120 minutes alongside a short relaxation meditation which I practice nightly before sleep.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #249176 by
Replied by on topic Meditation
I usually meditate for 20-25 minutes. I don't have a specific timetable for it, I've never been good with timetables! I simply meditate when I need to, ie when I feel angry or worked up kind of thing. Usually i'd just meditate in silence without any noises or smells; and try to connect with the Force all around me in the earth, air and in me. However I do have a playlist full of mellow music which I sometimes use. My girlfriend has also bought me incense, which I will try when I next see her, so I shall probably try and do things with scented candles and incense soon too! I am always either sitting cross legged or standing up straight; sometimes doing hand movements. :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #249202 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Meditation
Minimum... 1 hr a day. There are some days I do forget, time conflicts. I use my own meditation for calming direction and thinking. I have Buddhist,Mandala, music, instrumental, music, records tapes, what ever the day and time will allow. Some times a good meditation while dancing with the wife bonds us closser. Some days I imulate nature in meditations. From these in draw strength and Force. Energy and will. I'm always looking for new methods.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #249205 by
For the last five years I have used 5-10 minutes every morning for what I call a separation meditation. I drop my seat back in my truck and crank my stereo up with the most distracting, annoying and bothersome music/sounds I have and reflect on the day ahead. Then at night, it's a bit more random. Between 15 minutes and an hour usually of pure quiet reflection but on a rare occasion a soft music (almost always inner light by Jay Chattaway). Outside in the summer, inside in the winter. While I've gotten much better at focusing with the noise distractions with my morning practices, I still have not yet learned to block the cold from my mind.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #249236 by

Trisskar wrote: Night times just before bed. I often listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDX8QrcDI_o

with Simply Rain in the background from

https://rain.simplynoise.com/

I literally play that same video at night while I sleep. Get suuuch good rest it seems like when this is on in the background!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #250421 by

Leah Starspectre wrote: 5 minutes before bed with a lighted candle to focus on. I also have a meditation timer that sounds a gong every minute, then 3 gongs at the end..

That sounds incredibly useful : o is that a app or something else?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #250427 by
App most of us use, AFAIK, is Insight Timer. There's even a group there for Jedi meditation.

Also - I've read couple of books to get started.

https://www.amazon.com/Mindfulness-Eight-Week-Finding-Peace-Frantic-ebook/dp/B005NJ2T1G/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1470124466&sr=1-3&keywords=mindfulness#navbar

https://www.amazon.com/Minute-Meditation-Expanded-Quiet-Change-ebook/dp/B00NMPN1OM/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1470124584&sr=1-1&keywords=8+minute+meditation#navbar

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250785 by

den385 wrote:

I've been using insight timer, it's very useful thank you!

More
7 years 8 months ago #250798 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic Meditation
Yep, I use insight timer as well!! :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #251316 by
What meditation technique does everyone use? Personally I usually just try and calm my mind and let my thoughts pass by.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi