A new terrorist attack in France :( Pray for France

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248209 by
A new terrorist attack in France, 84 deads and many wounded :( Pray for France!
This world is getting very dangerous... So much hate, so much anger, so many followers for the dark side... When will people understand we are all humans we are all of the same species....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #248211 by Alexandre Orion
Réplique sur le commentaire Facebook ce matin :

Je n'ai pas le cerveau en compote, en revanche je me séquestre dans une bulle de réflexion ...

Je me pose la question suivante : est-ce qu'on est réellement si innocent que ça ? Certes, les individus - surtout les enfants - le sont (plus ou moins). C'est à dire, la terreur fonctionne aux niveaux personnel et social ; on est horrifié de penser (une pensée alimentée par les images omni-médiatisées à volonté) aux ménaces de notre niveau de vie/vivre. Or, le radicalisme religieux (quelle que soit la tradition radicalisée) répond - et a toujours été la réponse - à la mentalité post-moderne par laquelle on croit que ce(tte "image" du) monde est progressivement plus juste. On est loin d'un monde "juste".

Ainsi, semble-t-il bien que pour aussi longtemps que durera une organisation sociale quasi-globale basée sur les injustices, les inégalités et où règnent résolument les sentiments du dégoût, de la peur et la colère, nos agréables soirées encourent le risque de finir ainsi.

La haine, en soi, n'est pas une émotion. Elle est une méta-émotion engendrée par des occasions répétées du dégoût, de peur, de colère. L'amour, lui aussi, est une méta-émotion,suscitée par les moments de la Joie associée à quelque-chose ou quelqu'un - voire les deux. Le déséquilibre provient du complexe émotionel de l'être humain qui se dispose de quatre sentiments négatifs contre un seul positif. On est donc prédisposé plus fortement à la haine qu'à l'amour.

~ A.O.

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248214 by
My heart and spirit are with you during this trying time.

More
7 years 9 months ago #248230 by OB1Shinobi
My heart goes out to all of France; im so sorry for what has been happening and you are all in my prayers

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

More
7 years 9 months ago #248233 by MadHatter
My heart goes out to the people of France. May the Force guide you to healing.

However it is VITAL that we remember that the world is not getting more dangerous. Crime of all sort is falling in all first world nations and even many second and third world ones. We are living longer and having a better quality of life all over the world. We must not let these events darken our view of the world because that is how people fall to fear.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Carlos.Martinez3, Leah Starspectre

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248236 by

MadHatter wrote: My heart goes out to the people of France. May the Force guide you to healing.

However it is VITAL that we remember that the world is not getting more dangerous. Crime of all sort is falling in all first world nations and even many second and third world ones. We are living longer and having a better quality of life all over the world. We must not let these events darken our view of the world because that is how people fall to fear.

These acts are not Crime, they are terrorism attacks perpetrated by radical extremists and they are increasing. Terrorism and groups like ISIS are now a global threat that operates with impunity due to the failure of our leaders to act. I'm sure Obama in now deep in legislation to enact truck control policies.

More
7 years 9 months ago #248239 by MadHatter

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

MadHatter wrote: My heart goes out to the people of France. May the Force guide you to healing.

These acts are not Crime, they are terrorism attacks perpetrated by radical extremists and they are increasing. Terrorism and groups like ISIS are now a global threat that operates with impunity due to the failure of our leaders to act. I'm sure Obama in now deep in legislation to enact truck control policies.

These acts are not crime? Murder and terrorism are not crimes? Terrorism might be on the increase but you cant argue that its not a crime. Further its a rarity even with its rise. So perspective is a vital thing here. Its still rare even with it rising and the fact is that on the whole the world is getting safer and better.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #248241 by OB1Shinobi
I do not typically do the "stop misbehaving" thing online because i dont care really, and i think people should go ahead and behave however they wish, but please; prayers and kindness here in this thread?

we can certainly debate semantics and discuss proper responses somewhere, but i think this is a thread to express solidarity with those who have been hurt, and grief for their hurt?
hope for a better future, maybe?

peace, friends

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Kit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248242 by
Attack occurs at (about) 20:40 UTC on 14 July, is turned into Yet Another Stupid, Pointless TOTJO Political Debate at 18:37 UTC on 15 July. Are you proud of yourselves?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248244 by
No matter how you classify terrorism (which is literally a crime btw) what MadHatter is trying to say is that the media only gives us a snapshot of the world and it just so happens that violence sells news like sex does. That means that they will put out news about as big a body count as possible as often as possible making it seem like the world is worse than it really is.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi