Show me yours and ill show u mine ?

More
7 years 7 months ago #259043 by Carlos.Martinez3

Jamie Stick wrote: What makes a book a Jedi book?
Here's my library...

Attachment h3eb1412.jpg not found

Here's my religion section which doesn't have all of my religious books, but most of them.

Attachment h7b59578.jpg not found

Attachment h7ce561e.jpg not found

Ps I see your Harry! *giggled a bit. Lol

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #259068 by Kit
These

Attachment h314c5b4.jpg not found

(except for Eragon....those belong to my husband...)
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Kit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

More
7 years 7 months ago #259079 by JamesSand
I own few books, and they're all language books to help me communicate with my partner's family, or technical manuals because I can't be expected to remember everything :dry:

I do have several library memberships though :P

Plus I really want to add some books to that library of mine but I feel guilty that I have not fully read through all of or even most of that set that I listed.

Much wisdom has been gained by having spines on a shelf :whistle:

Tsst. My advice would be to move books on if you're not really planning to re-read them (and if they're fairly common paperbacks, you'll be able to find a copy when you're in the mood to re-read anyway)

An impressive array of books on display is as vain as anything else - plus it's just more stuff to box and up and move :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
7 years 6 months ago #262739 by Carlos.Martinez3

JamesSand wrote: I own few books, and they're all language books to help me communicate with my partner's family, or technical manuals because I can't be expected to remember everything :dry:

I do have several library memberships though :P

Plus I really want to add some books to that library of mine but I feel guilty that I have not fully read through all of or even most of that set that I listed.

Much wisdom has been gained by having spines on a shelf :whistle:

Tsst. My advice would be to move books on if you're not really planning to re-read them (and if they're fairly common paperbacks, you'll be able to find a copy when you're in the mood to re-read anyway)

An impressive array of books on display is as vain as anything else - plus it's just more stuff to box and up and move :P

Thanks for the "advise" . Every person is difrent here. Our library isn't for show. Quite on the contrary. Here we have a entirely difrent way of thinking when it comes to this idea, but that s OK too. My family is in our library at least twice a day, minimum. We are all different and have our own ways of thinking. Thanks for sharing yours . Your ideas , even opposite to mine on library's and books is difrent, and still valid. That's OK. Not every one has the same path. Please don't take offence, that's not the intention. Be well and may the Force be with you still!

Build, not tear down.

More
7 years 6 months ago #262832 by JamesSand

Your ideas , even opposite to mine on library's and books is difrent, and still valid. That's OK. Not every one has the same path. Please don't take offence, that's not the intention. Be well and may the Force be with you still!

At risk of a Self-Identifying-Sith Level of Snarkiness

Yay!, I'm Valid!

Don't worry chief, it'll take more than disagreeing on keeping books in a house to offend me, or make me question my resolve :cheer:

In fact, some of my best friends are book hoarders :silly:

My family is in our library at least twice a day, minimum.

What's the punishment if they're not? :huh:

(I'm being wholly facetious here folks, stay sane)

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #262838 by Rosalyn J
Kindle and Audio Edition:

Attachment hd1b2e09.png not found

Attachment h763ed63.png not found

Attachment hffa8584.png not found

Attachment hd1422e4.png not found

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Rosalyn J.

More
7 years 6 months ago #262839 by JamesSand
I'm actually half interested in, uhh, E-Readers I guess they're called, collectively?

What's the sweet advice on these things? Anyone got any feedback? Good models? Good sizes?

More
7 years 6 months ago #262841 by Rosalyn J
I have a kindle fire. 99 bucks I think I paid, but there must be cheaper models. 7 inches is bigger than a paper back, but with e-readers I think you need that. Kindle also has a text to speech function which I use a lot as well. I have also tried the kindle app for Ipad and phone and computer. None of those work as good as Kindle for various reasons (chiefly related to how the app functions and its capabilities on different devices) but if you want to try it out and you have a smart phone with a decent sized screen, I say try the kindle app and whatever other reading app you can find, once you find an app you can work with, then grab the native device for that app

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
7 years 6 months ago #262847 by Carlos.Martinez3

JamesSand wrote:

Your ideas , even opposite to mine on library's and books is difrent, and still valid. That's OK. Not every one has the same path. Please don't take offence, that's not the intention. Be well and may the Force be with you still!

At risk of a Self-Identifying-Sith Level of Snarkiness

Yay!, I'm Valid!

Don't worry chief, it'll take more than disagreeing on keeping books in a house to offend me, or make me question my resolve :cheer:

In fact, some of my best friends are book hoarders :silly:

My family is in our library at least twice a day, minimum.

What's the punishment if they're not? :huh:

(I'm being wholly facetious here folks, stay sane)

Lol too funny. There are a many things missing in this world , unfortunately libraries are on their last leg. Thanks for the response. Be well!

Build, not tear down.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #262848 by Zenchi
Half of em are still on my wishlist, the Introduction on Tantra I have in epub on another reader of mine...

Attachment hd6c607f.jpg not found

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Zenchi.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi