Islamic State, America, Russia and China. Let the talks begin. (MY ESSAY DEPENDS ON YOUR RESPONSE!).

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #241498 by
New World Order: New Rules or No Rules?

The title above was inspired by a talk given by Russian President Vladimir Putin at a Vladai Discussion Group conference held in 2014. An excerpt of that conversation is provided at the bottom of this log. As we all know, following Russian military intervention in Syria, Putin (and by extension, Russia) has become a key player on the world stage - namely so, because he intervened without US permission. According to Putin, funding terrorist groups like ISIS and al-Nusrah to topple unfavourable regimes represents a cornerstone strategy of US foreign policy in the 21st Century (I am by no means saying he is correct, take it as you will).

Some observers are arguing that a bipolar (i.e. East vs. West) is reemerging, however I tend to disagree. There are more than two major players ... we have other world-influencing countries and movements like China and Islamic State who have their own agendas - completely separate from those of both the United States and Russia.

At this very point in postmodern times we witness an almost century-long, well-established hegemony (the United States), a once-great superpower trying to reassert its place on the world stage (Russia), a newly emerging economic empire now trying to match its might of wealth with military capability (China) and an ideology-driven, fundamentalist religious revivalist movement (Islamic State) all competing to control territories, markets and people in an age of considerable economic, political and social insecurity. Everything is up for grabs so it seems and perhaps maybe the 'old' rules of great powers respecting each others' spheres of interest no longer matter.

Are all the major players involved just as ruthless as one another or are there 'lesser evils' (so to say, please do not take my use of the word 'evil' too seriously - I gather you Jedi do not like that term) on this matter?

How do you see it? Reply however you wish, even if it means raising your own questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8p_5QaZWf4

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #241502 by Loudzoo
I'm not sure the Chinese identify with being a newly emerging economic empire. There is a strong case to be made that theirs was the only real 'super-power' for 850 of the last 1000 years. The dragon has been sleeping for the last hundred and fifty years but it's waking-up! http://www.globalresearch.ca/china-rise-fall-and-re-emergence-as-a-global-power/29644

The Cold War was an aberration from the pattern of the 2nd Millenium. The "old-rules of great powers respecting each other" that you refer to were a blip against the background of all sorts of different groups slugging it out against each other. The current state of affairs is much more 'normal'.

Indeed the whole concept of a nation-state 'country' that seemed so concrete for much of the 19th and 20th Centuries is being shown for what it is - its just an idea - and an idea that can be challenged. Globalisation, multi-national companies and political units like the UN and EU have been chipping away at this edifice for a good 50 years from above, and more localised calls for self-governance from smaller states have been eroding it from below.

Political, economic, social and military insecurities are not new, or more prevalent than before - they're just new for the US ;) . Those that challenge US hegemony today are no more or less evil than the US when it challenged UK hegemony, or the UK challenging German hegemony in Europe in the first half of the 20th Century.

Just some of my thoughts! Good luck with the essay!

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO: Initiate Journal , Apprentice Journal , Knight Journal , Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentices: Tellahane , Skryym
Apprentices: Squint , REBender
Master's Thesis: The Jedi Book of Life
If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace . . .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #241507 by
What's "evil" is a point of view, an opinion. All players believe they are "right" in some sense, and believe others are "wrong" in some sense. That's human nature, to a point; however, it takes a certain flavour of humanity to believe it's good and right to kill another person in pursuit of one's own belief (or in opposition to that other's).

If you're asking for my opinion, I don't perceive one person ordering the killing of groups of non-combatants as "more evil" than another, whatever the context for that slaughter happens to be. We have become culturally accepting of phrases like "collateral damage" in a quite troubling way, and we are quick to write of military shortcomings as a different beast to "terrorist bombings" - even though the net result is dead children, dead parents, dead people in general. Put it this way - when my children fight, it's not a question of "who started it". It's a question of ending it, of educating both parties in the wrongs done, and in making agreement not to continue on the same path next time.

Finally a small point, but I don't believe it's accurate to assert Putin/Russia only re-emerged as a player on the world stage with their intervention in Syria; that pot has been boiling for a decade or so now, and in Europe we've seen the Russian/Putinist empire re-emerging for much of that time.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 11 months ago #241513 by Jestor
Opinions vary, and everyone has theirs...

I am of the opinion, that the US has itself too stretched out, and should pull itself back, concentrate on itself...

Right now, a friend is experiencing some issues in their life, and all of the pressures are building on them, and they feel overwhelmed, worried, probably a bit confused as well as a bit scared...

My advice to my friend, was to pull back a bit, find their center/balance/themselves, and 'get right', before trying to help others too much, as trying to help others, can throw ourselves off balance... Just like you have to put your own oxygen mask on first on an air plane... You are no good to anyone, if you dont take care of yourself...

And, I think the US should be doing the same thing...

Stop mucking around in the affairs of the rest of the world, unless requested (and the 'by who/how' would need worked out, lol), and work on rebuilding ourselves again...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #241514 by

Loudzoo wrote: Political, economic, social and military insecurities are not new, or more prevalent than before - they're just new for the US ;) . Those that challenge US hegemony today are no more or less evil than the US when it challenged UK hegemony, or the UK challenging German hegemony in Europe in the first half of the 20th Century.!

Good point.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #241515 by

tzb wrote: in Europe we've seen the Russian/Putinist empire re-emerging for much of that time.

You're right, I should have mentioned Crimea's annexation as another muscle-flexing action of Putin.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #241517 by

Jestor wrote: Opinions vary, and everyone has theirs...

I am of the opinion, that the US has itself too stretched out, and should pull itself back, concentrate on itself...

Right now, a friend is experiencing some issues in their life, and all of the pressures are building on them, and they feel overwhelmed, worried, probably a bit confused as well as a bit scared...

My advice to my friend, was to pull back a bit, find their center/balance/themselves, and 'get right', before trying to help others too much, as trying to help others, can throw ourselves off balance... Just like you have to put your own oxygen mask on first on an air plane... You are no good to anyone, if you dont take care of yourself...

Stop mucking around in the affairs of the rest of the world, unless requested (and the 'by who/how' would need worked out, lol), and work on rebuilding ourselves again...

So what you are trying to say is that America's foreign actions represent a well-meaning global strategy, but that it should step back for the time being to handle some of its own declining affairs? Did I interpret that correct?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #241518 by

Jestor wrote: Opinions vary, and everyone has theirs...

I think this goes for a lot of Nations , take care of your own first and then see what you can do for others , the thing is as a nation when you have a sore under your foot , its hard to walk and if you tell others they walk funney , they will just look at you :dry: sometimes i feel we should all mind our dang bussiness a bit more :whistle: but its hard , we all have our morals and think we are superior to others.

More
7 years 11 months ago #241527 by Carlos.Martinez3
Ai and new world order scare every one. In my life some order is good. Very good. This looks nothing like that. Control is the idea behind what is see as a motive. Considering a few who seek unification have actual laws awaiting martial law... the US too... it hard to see the out come of this one. I hope for the best, plan for the worst and cook a great meal...

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #241529 by
The world's a stage and the Islamic State, the United States, Russia and China are just actors playing the script given to them. For the last 50 or so years it's become completely obvious that the governments no longer represent the governed, they act in the interests of private and public insiders and societies of great nobility, wealth who've basically lived as demigods through established bloodlines that claim to go back to Egypt and possibly beyond. This 'New World Order' in your title, is not new at all. Most of us living day to day don't pick up on the various trends and patterns that have gone on around us, but our current events are acutally part of a global transformation that's been happening for a very long time and each event could be part of a 25, 50, 100+ year plan.

The various divisions in religion and politics, whether it's Torah vs Talmud, Orthodox vs Catholic vs Protestant, colonial America, the Soviet Union, there are key players in the shaping of those events at the time that make it seem as if those occurrences were actually sanctioned by groups for the sake of social experiment to further their own agenda because the conflicts between each division created the environments needed for evolution and transformation. The problem we have is to understand the present we must understand history, but history has been skewed or whitewashed and with all the book burnings, conquering, a lot of events we'll never know what really happened and so a lot of what we know now is based solely on how we were told and the whole concept of ancient history could be built on lies. What we're dealing with is Machiavellianism on a global scale perpetrated by a single united group or perhaps a few competing groups but even if competing it goes beyond just the US vs Russia for example.

It's too bad that the popularized and fantasy conspiracy theories have disuaded the average person from looking into the shady events and facts of history, which if widely understood would shatter a lot of the illusions and beliefs the majority holds and current events could be going in a different direction. My favorite piece is this James Bond Specter self styled group's involvement in funding and supporting the Bolsheviks, Hitler and Roosevelt at the same time, for the same purpose. This is the modus operandi of almost every event or group that involves power changing hands, popular movements, going back hundreds if not thousands of years that purposely shapes the minds of the majority of people which steers where geopolitics goes in a sense.

There's oceans of information out there now because our collective ability to find and share information on the internet but that will be disappearing soon with all the poltiical correctness enforcement happening, plus all of the divide and conquer games being played that pit everyone against each other that will cause the hatespeech and violence that will be used as the excuse to have more cybersecurity and restriction that will target free speech, alternative and opposite views the establishment will basically consider hooliganism or terrorism. Also there is just a lot of simple nonsense out there plain and simple, there's so much speculation about topics like aliens, ancient civilizations, various views of the occult, that all may be intertwined of course but distract from the real facts of history that again, if were widely understood could make a huge difference.

So having said all that, whether it's considered or not or whether it is all just nonsense or not, I'll play the game.

Putin is right about funding and using groups is a cornerstone strategy, since 1945 the US has attempted to overthrow over 50 foreign governments using similar methods including economic warfare and color revolutions, the US just got a new puppet in Brazil. It's a shame that the US gets the blame for this, as the US government is itself a puppet of an international power structure. It doesn't mean that Putin is innocent, it's the same game over there with the corruption and oligarchies that are similar if not part of the entire international power structure as all their children live in the 'West' and go to school in the 'West' and so both sides really seem to just use the 'East vs West brewing conflict' as a way to captivate the minds of the taxpayers to keep giving money and support, it's just a psyop to get more control of regular people like you and I. NATO pushes, Russia pushes back, but the world only sees Russia as the aggressor. The 'West' does a coup in Ukraine right in Russia's backyard for their own interets, but Russia is the one criticized for securing it's interests in Crimea. Both sides are aggressors. On the surface it seems Russia is a potential competitor to the international 'western' power structure, hell look how big Russia is and think of the endless amounts of resources it has on it's own if it gets it's act together to develop and use them. However I think this East vs West game is being played for reasons above, to crack down and control all of us.

The situation the the middle east as most do know has been going on, since history has been recorded as all the 3 big religions have fought over that area and still are. Having the technology and economic resources of today though has allowed the more developed nations and 'superpowers' to keep the middle east, and Africa for that matter, in a constant state of conflict and 'development' to prevent them from becoming able to independently compete, to keep up an excuse for military and defense budgets, and also oil and resources. In a way it could be seen that ISIS is just a natural response to all of this meddling, but I think that they are more or less a tool for the powers they supposedly fight and are against, and have just duped very ignorant and vulnerable people into it's ranks and ideology. It ties in with the migrant invasion of Europe as well because it serves as a way to divide and conquer Europe through multiculturalism, which increases violence and clashing, which allows the governments to crack down on everyone and extract more taxes, to have more power over an individual's life.

Out of the time from when America was founded yes a hegemony has grown and become very powerful, but the families and groups are part of that hegemony never cut ties to where they came from and that's why I say international power structure because it comes from Europe and has existed throughout history dating back to who knows when. Russia could be seen as trying to reassert it's role and position as a superpower, but at face value it could be that they are just the ones to say "We've had enough of this meddling by the international power structure" and stopped it from removing Assad which has caused all sorts of issues for the 'West'. Where it goes from there, well we'll continue to see the back and forth between NATO and Russia but I don't think it will escalate to the extremes of the Cold War. I also think the Cold War was a psyop on the regular person who didn't understand that capitalism and communism are two sides to the same coin in the context that both ideologies are used to extort the working and lower classes despite both systems being potentially useful and positive in their original intent.

The real violence will come from ISIS and other 'terrorist' groups, who's activities, leaders, foundations are all questionable as to whether they are a natural occurence, or contrived and sustained via governments, intelligence agencies or other private groups. As mentioned it will give an excuse for more loss of privacy, liberties and rights, to control every aspect of human life, to raise more taxes for military and defense, and give the motivation for more souls to willingly die for 'their country/freedom/religion/etc'. A war on 'terrorism' is a never ending war and all those branded as 'terrorists' are just the opposition or nemesis to who's doing the branding. ISIS would have just as much justification for saying their conducting a war on terrorism, even with their horrible acts against non-military targets, because they believe those civilians' votes and ideas are what is represented by the governments activities in their area.

As for China, well other than that they will have a capable navy by 2020 and having to reverse their one child policy to have enough workers for all the economic development they've been trying to implement, not too sure where they fit in to all of this but they are definitely a problem for the global environment with their economic ambitions. The US/UK, Russia and China are definitely the big kids on the block, with others trying to compete as well. Who knows what the future has in stock for us. I basically think that everyone should start to think about preparedness in terms of defense, food/water, practicing situational awareness, paying attention to and reading between the lines of the global media, becoming closer to family, neighbors and reaching out more into our communities so that we can work together when things get tough, which they certainly will. We don't need anymore politicians that keep us clinging to false ideas and idols. For a lot of people they think their life is too miserable to care, so they only care about the entertainments, drugs and alcohol. 40-50 years ago we were talking about going to the moon, now we're talking about letting men into's women's bathrooms.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi