Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons are More Surprising Than You Think

More
8 years 2 months ago #228301 by Br. John
Best reading experience here: http://www.alternet.org/print/drugs/why-marijuana-banned-real-reasons-worse-you-think

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, RyuJin, Locksley, Alexandre Orion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #228304 by
Hemp also had a lot of to do with it because it grew wild everywhere for free and could be used for everything. DuPont had a lot of money to throw behind the prohibition of marijuana and hemp. There's also a lot of scientific evidence today showing it's potential to help with many, many problems ranging from skin issues, digestion problems to full blown treatment of brain tumors. There's a few cases where cannabis oil was applied to melanoma and after while it's gone, taken orally brain or other tumors shrink. The possibilites are endless as they once were before it was banned, hemp seeds are full of nutrients, you can make clothes, concrete, it's ridiculous.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #228306 by
I think it is for the same reason that Monsanto and the food factories want patent on seeds and such , they want to be the only ones making money from food. The grow your own movement gets a lot of bashing lately too , but a Judge in the Netherlands decided that it will stay legal to grow some weed and certainly this means growing your own food aswell. But the food factories pharmacuetics are not done yet bullying us ...this is gonna get even uglier ... :(

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 2 months ago #228381 by ren
In the UK, its illegal unless it was farmed and extensively processed by a drug company. Tells you all you need to know. The war on self-medication has got to stop.

The last time I ended up in hospital, it was because the drugs I wanted to purchase from a pharmacy a week prior were refused to me, and good luck finding a doctor in my town: they're all so busy extending old people's lives by 5 minutes the rest of us have to wait a week for an appointment. In hospital, after nearly dying in the damn lobby, they eventually gave me exactly what I had tried to buy the week before. Except instead of costing me 20 quid, it cost me 3 grand in taxes.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #228384 by

ren wrote: The war on self-medication has got to stop.

And yet, my friend who took cannabis and antidepressants in self-medication mode, is just a week after 4-month stay in rehab center and lost his wife. I don't know 100% what exact substance got him there, however. I think, the mixture did.

Even non-prescription meds require education. I think, war on self-medication will stop when self-education becomes a norm.

E.g., I have a sphere of health issues where I am experienced to the level that my choice and estimation of meds *often* coincide with my doctor's. I don't go about self-medication, but I use my experience and what little education in biology I have to be a successful team with my doctor.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 2 months ago #228387 by ren

den385 wrote:

ren wrote: The war on self-medication has got to stop.

And yet, my friend who took cannabis and antidepressants in self-medication mode, is just a week after 4-month stay in rehab center and lost his wife. I don't know 100% what exact substance got him there, however. I think, the mixture did.

Even non-prescription meds require education. I think, war on self-medication will stop when self-education becomes a norm.

E.g., I have a sphere of health issues where I am experienced to the level that my choice and estimation of meds *often* coincide with my doctor's. I don't go about self-medication, but I use my experience and what little education in biology I have to be a successful team with my doctor.

I don't know. Which ones does BigPharma make the most money out of: the wife, the "anti" depressant, or the houseplant?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #228423 by
I don't see why there must be a conflict between anti-depressants and marijuana. They both are medications - one synthesized, another more natural.

I defend said antidepressants here. As I would defend antibiotics and as I would defend cancer-dealing drugs, if I encountered them. This pills save lives. I know.

What is really bad, IMO, is lack of knowledge. I've been to marijuana museum at Amsterdam, but don't remember much.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #228431 by
As someone who has seen the legal consequences of this first hand I have to say the penalty far out weighs the crime. I received heavier sentencing then a friend of mine who was driving drunk. I was simply walking home from a wedding when I was stopped and searched. I had less than a gram on me. I was taken to jail. Once bailed I spent around 9 months total on probation. I lost my license, had to take biweekly drug tests, and attend a forty dollars an hour counseling class. Oh not to mention the 150 hours of community service and close to $3000 in fines and lawyer costs.

More
8 years 2 months ago #228433 by Lykeios Little Raven
I learned in college that it also had a lot to do with racism. It was commonly held that only Mexicans/Hispanics and possibly black people would smoke marijuana. The only reason I trust this information is that it came from a well-respected and well-educated psychology professor. Though, I think saying it was racism definitely oversimplifies the issue.

Thanks for sharing this information!

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #228437 by
There's a whole novel of individual reasons as to why they banned it. They knew it wasn't bad for you. And it's not. It helps the body, reduces tumors, helps sick people especially and mental illnesses like bi polar people I know that if you are sick, you end up losing your appetite, but marijuana helps raise up your appetite and helps you want to eat more. You can make clothes, food, many products, it can be grown in many areas, you can grow a whole bunch of it and it grows very fast. This is why America as well as many governments want it banned. They don't want people to be self sufficient. They want everyone to be dependent That was the basic plan. And of course double their profits by having people take their drugs and there are some that do more harm than good. More people dies from the legal drugs than they do the illegal drugs, but they don't tell you that, do they?

It was all part of the plan and they used propaganda to make it worse than it actually was. Of course they want to get rid of the most useful plant and take it away from the public. That gives them the advantage. It was all a flat out lie. Marijuana is not bad and now that states are legalizing it, it's only a matter of time.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi