Questions about Jediism

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227824 by
Questions about Jediism was created by
Questions, removed on request of tzb in his topic , under motivation of a offtopic thingy :blush:
Some other questions:
  • Why does the forum have a Star Wars forum , while Jediism does not associate with Star Wars?
  • People represent the community, do members influence non-Jedi, create stereotype, think about Jediism? A endless movie-circle?
  • Would banning Star Wars, except for IP and lessons, be against Jediism teachings? Making a compromise?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227825 by
Replied by on topic Questions about Jediism

Aqua wrote:

• Why does the forum have a Star Wars forum , while Jediism does not associate with Star Wars?
  • People represent the community, do members influence non-Jedi, create stereotype, think about Jediism? A endless movie-circle?
  • Would banning Star Wars, except for IP and lessons, be against Jediism teachings? Making a compromise?

The Star Wars fictional Jedi mythical archetype is the inescapable origin of this order and the rest of the Jedi community.

It will always be an endless movie-circle at face value using the term Jedi, the Force, the code and creed.

Banning Star Wars, I don't know it would seem to silly to try to seperate from that which created us (in a sense).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #227827 by

Lightstrider wrote: The Star Wars fictional Jedi mythical archetype is the inescapable origin of this order and the rest of the Jedi community.

It will always be an endless movie-circle at face value using the term Jedi, the Force, the code and creed.

Banning Star Wars, I don't know it would seem to silly to try to seperate from that which created us (in a sense).

Couldn't agree more
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #227829 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Questions about Jediism

Aqua wrote:

• It is not that we do not associate with Star Wars....

We do not consider it Canon...

Many of us enjoy the stories, and would not have found TOTJO without it...

But, we also like a 'dark, black, thick, solid. line' between fiction, and reality... ;)

• We do influence others, but, not with Jedi mind tricks, lol...

My influence is not BECAUSE I am a Jedi, but because I am me... A part of that IS a Jedi, but, I am also a father, husband, yada, yada...

People Only know I am a Jedi when 'beliefs' get brought up...:)

• Wont happen...

Not while Im on Council... ;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
    Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
    Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
    Master: Jasper_Ward
    Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
    Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
    Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Jestor.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Carlos.Martinez3,

• Topic Author
    • Visitor
    • Visitor
      Public
    8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #227830 by

Jestor wrote:

Aqua wrote:

• It is not that we do not associate with Star Wars....

We do not consider it Canon...

Many of us enjoy the stories, and would not have found TOTJO without it...

But, we also like a 'dark, black, thick, solid. line' between fiction, and reality... ;)

So if I re say your words, a thick, dark, solid transparant line? :huh:

• Jestor
    • Administrator
    • Administrator
      Registered
    • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
    More
    8 years 2 months ago #227831 by Jestor
    Replied by Jestor on topic Questions about Jediism
    I was emphasizing a 'line' between reality and fiction, by describing it as I did, I was showing we want the line to be there, and be somewhat noticeable for others, lol...

That is what I meant...

Not transparent? I see no word there that would mean that, rather an opaque line...

LIke a fence, easy to see, not difficult to get around, but, definitely making boundaries...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
    Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
    Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
    Master: Jasper_Ward
    Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
    Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
    The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
    • Visitor
    • Visitor
      Public
    8 years 2 months ago #227837 by

Jestor wrote: I was emphasizing a 'line' between reality and fiction, by describing it as I did, I was showing we want the line to be there, and be somewhat noticeable for others, lol...

That is what I meant...

Not transparent? I see no word there that would mean that, rather an opaque line...

LIke a fence, easy to see, not difficult to get around, but, definitely making boundaries...:)

A fence :woohoo: great word choice! That would be a quite interesting fence have. :blush: How did I came to say transparant.. :pinch: Trying to shape a border, between two zones, without a wall? :)

Ehm, sometimes it feels like people are looking trough the fence. If people could not see the fence, but only the ground on the other side.. because they push their face to it so hard :blink: How to understand that there is a fence? But sometimes it feels that people forget the fence a little bit. Not sure how people that have never seen the fence understand the purpose. Does the fence works for the people inside or outside? Fence can do both, but what if we think about the perspective of the fence? :laugh: Does the fence understand that it shapes boundaries, even though it does not is a boundary itself, from a 2d perspective?

• Visitor
    • Visitor
      Public
    8 years 2 months ago #227844 by
    I personally hate fences....Unless it is to keep intruders out. (Like my distructive neighbors brat that I want to strangle....) I would never use a fence in my personal beliefs and spiritual practices. That just goes completely against what I concider "Spiritual" or "The Way" or "The Path." A fence means you are denying and obstructing something inside of you.

Like I said in the Robes and Lightsabers thread.

I am a Role Player. I am a hard core Star Wars Fan. And I am a Jedi.

No fences.

That IS who and what I am.

If this temple banned Star Wars and Associations with it.

I will leave.

It goes against everything i believe and just further shows how much the community has forgotten the "Spirit" and "History" of Jediism.

If you don't want to be associated with Star Wars...Then I suggest you get rid of the name "Jedi" and "The Force" and "The Jedi Code" with a quickness. Because they ARE Fiction. :) (The Jedi Code actually come out of a Role Playing Handbook)

More
    8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #227848 by Edan
    Replied by Edan on topic Questions about Jediism

Aqua wrote: Questions, removed on request of tzb in his topic , under motivation of a offtopic thingy :blush:

Some other questions:

Something that I am told time and time again messaging new members is that they come to us after watching Star Wars, or thinking about it, or wondering if it was real etc... for them to come here to find us but then be told 'sorry, we don't 'do' Star Wars here' would make no sense. Though it's not true for all, many of us came here through Star Wars; to ban it entirely would put people off no doubt. They'd say, as I am going to, 'how you can call yourselves Jedi but ban the source of its inspiration?'

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
    Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Edan.
    The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
    • Visitor
    • Visitor
      Public
    8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #227849 by

Trisskar wrote: Like I said in the Robes and Lightsabers thread.

I am a Role Player. I am a hard core Star Wars Fan. And I am a Jedi.

No fences.

That IS who and what I am.

You are who you are, would not want a person to force him-/herself.. Just wondering about how things are as they are :blush:. To better understand my own place in it. If you enjoy it.. The joy others have is my enjoyment. Even though I have a near opposite view. :unsure: How does one know why things are as they are? No one knows.. we feel.. Happy to have you around, no matter your perspective, enjoy it. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi