Edan`s question round: Unanswered questions of Aqua

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #227006 by

Connor L. wrote: But, I'm in the middle of Tolle's Power of Now (for the third or fourth time?), and there's something odd about "looking for" anything "out of it".

I find the book of mr. Tolle highly confusing. Makes it interesting, but confusing to read. Sometimes I feel that he does not tell every single part of the story, if that would be possible in the first place of course. Meditation is not answerable, because it is personal, as told before, I do not seek truth or cleverness. Just some minding to compare my own minding with. I would like to understand how people deal with themselves trough meditation globally, how their mechanics of meditation are build up could I better ask I guess. We are all different build up, somehow? Please Connor, if I may speak out freely, how do you build up your own meditation? If you meditate? :)

~ Aqua
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #227025 by
To be honest? This is my entire practice from start to finish.

I have two meditations. 1: a simple Shamatha/Mindfulness meditation. 2. a simple expansion meditation (Force meditation)

1. Mindful practice.
  • Comfort is key. Be somewhere comfortable.
  • Posture is key. Have the spine straight but not stiff.
  • Feel the weight of the body. Become highly aware.
  • Begin to focus on an object. Most cases, it's the breath. But, occasionally, it turns into a contemplation meditation with a phrase or idea.
  • Observe that focus. The mind will run away.
  • When you notice it has run away, ask it to come back to the object.
  • Repeat.

2. Expansion Meditation: One should know how to feel the Force before going into this.
  • Do the first few steps for meditation 1
  • Instead of focusing on an object, feel your middle dan tien. Feel the energy that bubbles behind the belly button (and a little above if possible)
  • Feel the energy spinning around the solar plexus. And, feel it begin to form a circle.
  • It will expand in the body to your skin... Feel it expand so your whole body feels like it is buzzing.
  • Feel it in the aura then.
  • Feel it move out to the edges of the room. You are connected with the space around you.
  • Feel it in the building. In the city. In the country.
  • In the world. In the solar system. In the universe. In the multiverse...
  • At some point, you are almost nothing and everything. Just one.
  • Slowly, reverse the process and come back to Earth.

One brings my mind to the present. And trains it.
One brings my focus to the Force, and keeps me ingrained. :)
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago #227057 by Whyte Horse

Aqua wrote: Thank you for your time to respond and to find research about my question! I do not want to have a heart attack again, but that is actually not my trouble point I try to explain. I am searching to understand how to change my meditation learning and doing, dependent to the situation I am in. I do not have stress, it is just that I do not always feel comfortable in the way I do meditation, mainly because meditation needs to flow with the situation to be of use in changing the situation. Not sure how I should manage to do that, so that is one of the reasons I asked these questions if I may speak out free.
~ Aqua

Oh, well then you probably need to do meditation while active. It's a skill that you first learn in a controlled environment and then get good enough to do it in an uncontrolled environment. I got quite good at this in Thailand because we would have the monks come to the school every Wed and we, as teachers, had to monitor the students while trying to meditate. Also on Tuesdays they did some catholic prayer. same-same but different. So the first time I did the meditation I just really go into it and let the other teachers monitor for me. The next time I meditated but opened my eyes periodically to see the students. Eventually I could just walk around and meditate and then life becomes one big meditation whenever you need it.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi