Who wants to live forever?

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #214533 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Who wants to live forever?

Keladry wrote:

Desolous wrote: whats wrong with transferring our consciousness into machines? better, stronger, faster, infiinitely adaptable, etc etc. why not?

because it isn't possible and never will be.

*smirk*

Aerial flight is one of that class of problems with which man will never be able to cope.

Simon Newcomb
Director of US Naval Observatory, 1903

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPgS26ZhqZs

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Gisteron.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215338 by
Replied by on topic Who wants to live forever?
Life is about the experience. If it is longer, then we get more to experience. This can be both a good and bad thing. Would our standard of living be similar?

I don't care what happens after we die, and so I just leave it as so nothing happens after we die. I think that makes living now more important. If we only get once chance of consciousness, then why not try to make it the best you can? If I believed in something else afterwards, I can fall into the belief that this life doesn't matter because I can do it again.

It's like a student who knows the essay is due next week and it should only take him two days to do it. They are more likely to try and find justifications not to do it ahead of time and just do it two days before it is due. Not all people fall into this trap, but many do. Why put off something today when you can do it tomorrow it seems.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #215353 by
Replied by on topic Re:RE: Who wants to live forever?

Seumic wrote:

Life is about the experience. If it is longer, then we get more to experience. This can be both a good and bad thing. Would our standard of living be similar?

I don't care what happens after we die, and so I just leave it as so nothing happens after we die. I think that makes living now more important. If we only get once chance of consciousness, then why not try to make it the best you can? If I believed in something else afterwards, I can fall into the belief that this life doesn't matter because I can do it again.

life matters in what we do with ours. if we are unable to help others, at least avoid hurting them.

and we must always plan for the next 7 generations

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi