Marriage under the Jedi Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #111015 by
My girlfriend and I mean to get married within three years, and I plan on proposing to her this December (if all goes well). However, we have some problems with religious differences. I'm an atheist who was raised as a catholic and she's having doubts about her religion (not her belief in God) and was raised as a Jehovah's witness. Due to our situation, we won't have a witness's, or catholic for that matter, traditional wedding. We had planed to have a simple symbolic ceremony with our loved ones, a speech about love (if any), wedding vows, ring exchange and some other symbolic rituals we like, if any.
Now, we both love and enjoy Star Wars very much... we're both Star Wars nerds to be exact... and I joined the TOTJO for my own reasons, aside from my love of SW (Czech my journal), but my girlfriend hesitates to take this religion seriously because of it's nature and her current religious doubts.
What I would like is for a very close friend of us to conduct the wedding ceremony and now I would like for us to get legaly married under the TOTJO!

My questions are...

Does the TOTJO have any rituals concerning a wedding?
Does the person to get commissioned for that one special occasion need to be part of our church?
Does my gf need to be part of our church?

I appreciate any information and/or help. Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #111016 by Br. John
We have some model rituals but you can also design your ceremony any way you wish.

Your girlfriend does not need to be a member.

The officiant, if possible, should be a member. The Council could grant a commission to a non-member for a one time wedding ceremony if they submit an application and take a special oath. It's never been done and I can't promise it would be approved so if you know your friend won't be a member you'd want to petition The Council well ahead of time.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #111018 by
Replied by on topic Marriage under the Jedi Order

Br. John wrote: We have some model rituals but you can also design your ceremony any way you wish.

What rituals are those? Or when can I read about them? Thanks in advance!

More
10 years 8 months ago #111034 by Wescli Wardest
I will not guaranty that this is "up to date" or the most current. But it was in the litugical book when I started Clerical training.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Monastic Order of Knights

More
10 years 8 months ago #111035 by MCSH
Replied by MCSH on topic Marriage under the Jedi Order
I think I saw another more updated version... but the whole thing is same.

I can't remember where I saw it... =/

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister

More
10 years 8 months ago #111036 by Alethea Thompson
You know, I like that version a lot better than the watered down one I read a few years ago. The old one was too reminiscent of a traditional Christian ceremony.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 8 months ago #111039 by Jestor

Alethea Thompson wrote: You know, I like that version a lot better than the watered down one I read a few years ago. The old one was too reminiscent of a traditional Christian ceremony.

Well, Master Twsoundsoff hasnt been around for quite a while... Like years... lol...

So, you must be talking about a version pretty far back!!

hahaha....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 8 months ago #111065 by RyuJin
I have a couple of different ceremonies somewhere I could upload...if I can remember where I stored them...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #281479 by
Replied by on topic Marriage under the Jedi Order
First four are the most delicate for the classic wedding. And I know what I'm talking about. Few hours of http://www.weddingforward.com/wedding-decor-trends/ reading and I'm the best wedding expert ever) Knowing all the trends, tricks, and DIY.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi