Kit Stepping Down from Council

More
5 years 5 months ago #327544 by Kit
Hello my lovelies. I make no secret of my health but please forgive me for repeating what you may already know.

I have some rather prevalent mental and physical health problems that pretty much have taken over my life. Add in my family, my young toddler, my full-time military career (and facing discharge for health)…you can imagine there’s not a lot of free time left! Something had to give somewhere.

I have promised myself to my apprentices, as much as I promised myself to the Council. But I’ve been finding the Council to be far too much stress than I can process, and in the meantime, my apprentices have not been given the attention they deserve. I’ve also allowed the Council to take precedence over my mental health and sometimes my family. I’ve taken three weeks to consider and I’ve decided that stepping down from Council is the best thing for myself and those I care for.

Thank you for the honor of serving you for the time that I did. I hope I did you justice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, Manu, ren, Nakis, Eleven, Adder, Wescli Wardest, Proteus and 17 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #327546 by Avalon
Thank you for your time there and the things you've done (and tried to do) for the temple.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
5 years 5 months ago #327547 by Rosalyn J
Ill miss you, but I'm glad you are taking care of yourself

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Avalon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327548 by
Replied by on topic Kit Stepping Down from Council
Thank you for your service, Kit. It has been an honor to serve beside you and from the very beginning as Knight Advisers, I've always known you to be someone I can trust and depend on. I'm glad you are doing what you need to do to look out for your health and for your family. You deserve some peace and some relief, and I hope it finds you. I'll be sure to come running when I need some advice, and I fully expect you to crack some skulls if I get out of line. Thank you again, and may the Force be with you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327550 by
Thank you, Kit, for your service to the TotJO as a councillor, and I can greatly respect doing it so to focus your energies on bringing up the next generation of Knights.

May the Force continue to guide you.

More
5 years 5 months ago #327554 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Kit Stepping Down from Council
Thank you for your service, Kit.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Avalon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327562 by
Thank you for your service!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327566 by
Sometimes the hardest lesson to learn is that we cannot pour from an empty cup, and you empty yours and then some.

Thank you for all that you've done and will continue to do even in a less official capacity.

More
5 years 5 months ago #327572 by jpadkins
You are loved Kit!

JP Adkins
Apprentice
Licensed Minister of Jediism
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Seminary / AP /
Degrees Tracker
House of Br John
TM- Raxicorico
” May you feel the presence of the Force because the Force is always with you.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Avalon

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #327575 by
You've been a great friend Kit, since I first let myself be slightly more visible here at the temple. I've come to know a person who will listen well to a number of different viewpoints, and do a job they see, even if that job doesn't have a sticky label on it saying "Kit's responsibility" - if those traits were ones you carried to council, I am sure you will be missed. Thanks for all you did, and I hope this allows you to more fully enjoy your other roles :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi