tzb, Assistant Pastor for the Seminary, Resignation, 2014

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #173906 by
It is with gratitude and humility that I resign from the office of Assistant Pastor for the Seminary.

I have recently gone through what I can only describe as a breakdown. I lost touch with myself. I nearly gave up on everything. I couldn't find a way out of the corner I (and I alone) had worked myself into. A recent "wake up" experience has thankfully put me right back on track, but I realise I need to make a few changes in order to achieve longer-term peace of mind. Giving some things up. Hopefully getting some things back. Finding a balance, rather than engaging in all-or-nothing thinking. Getting better at being "me". And most of all, reducing factors in my life which have led me down this path of difficulty, unhappiness and imbalance.

I have to start by being more honest with myself.

At this time in my life, the Temple is not where I need to be. I have work to do on many areas of who I am, and I'm starting to realise that focusing on spiritual growth in the way I have for the last year is no longer the truest reflection of the work which needs to be done in my world. I'm a father, a husband, a friend. I have let all of that slip. I won't be an absentee officer but can't commit to spending time here in the coming months. I hold myself to my own standards and must accept that at this time, whilst I am proud and committed to being a Jedi Knight and fully supportive of the work, meaning and message of TOTJO, I now feel that my path leads elsewhere.

This isn't goodbye. As I say, all-or-nothing thinking is one of the things I need to stop. I will remain available to my Apprentices, and will continue to set lessons as they are completed. But I will also entirely understand if my Apprentices would prefer to dissolve our Apprenticeship and seek teaching masters who are more present at the Temple. Nicole, Lightstrider, I will contact you separately about this.

Those of you who I speak to regularly have ways of contacting me outside of the Temple, whether you choose to use them or not. I really hope you will :)

I wish the Synod, and you all, the very best.
May the Force be with you, always.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #173909 by Proteus

I'm starting to realise that focusing on spiritual growth in the way I have for the last year is no longer the truest reflection of the work which needs to be done in my world. I'm a father, a husband, a friend. I have let all of that slip.

I would bid that the actual spiritual growth is the work that needs to be done in your world. We will be here as your supplement for when you may lose focus or need a shoulder.

You are one of the most insightful members of this temple that I think this place has ever had probably since its founding... at least since I joined... No matter how much you might doubt yourself, there is very clear evidence of your ability to take care of your world, on a level of quality that far surpasses most people I have met here in my own world over here. If you ever feel any doubt, just think back, even for a just a single moment, on everything you accomplish here and what you have helped teach this whole temple by your simple attention. :)

It goes without saying, you will always have my support.

The Force is with you, Stu. :)

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Llama Su

More
9 years 3 months ago #173910 by Edan
You have been a very good friend to me Stu, good luck on re-finding the balance in your life.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Llama Su

More
9 years 3 months ago #173912 by Zenchi
I can totally relate, as I'm sure several others here can as well. You'll be back, and we're not going anywhere. Go take care of what's important...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Alexandre Orion

More
9 years 3 months ago #173913 by Carlos.Martinez3
U will be missed

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

More
9 years 3 months ago #173914 by MCSH
I enjoyed working with you tzb, I hope everything turn out the way you want them to be :)

May the Force be with you.

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #173917 by Jestor
Thank you for your services....

You will be missed...

Good luck....:)

EDIT: after I clicked "send", I realized it read more like a "goodbye" as opposed to what it is, a resignation of office, lol...

We will see you around...:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #173919 by
May the Force be with you on this new leg of your journey.

As has been said, this is not goodbye, though the frequentness of your pressence will be missed. We'll be seeing you. B)

More
9 years 3 months ago #173921 by Amaya
Take your time and come back when your ready.
You are a great person Stu and we will be here when you need us :)

Everything is belief

More
9 years 3 months ago #173935 by J_Roz
I have always enjoyed your discussions, please take care of yourself. Walk in Beauty my friend.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi