Meditation for Novices

More
6 years 3 months ago #310093 by Nakis
Meditation for Novices was created by Nakis
So, part of the IP process has a section on meditation, and as we all know there are many, many different kinds of meditation. I was wondering, would it be a useful idea to gather a few videos or methods into a quick, down, and "dirty" guide that would allow someone in the meditation lesson section of the IP try a few different methods out? My idea would be things which are less than 20-30 minutes long, depending on the method, so someone new to the idea of meditating can try it and see if it clicks with them or not and they can try different styles as they progress through the IP. Even if it's something to try adding to the IP,down the line, in terms of "Try three different meditations and tell us which ones you liked or didn't like, and why" to better help guide people and get a feel for how to help them meditate better.

In short, would a guide for complete newbies listing a few different methods of meditation in terms of start to finish for each type, to allow them to "sample" different styles, be something that would help new people expand their knowledge and experience?

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, thomaswfaulkner

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #310097 by thomaswfaulkner
Exactly this! I have been trying to work on making some of my own videos and posting them up to the page because I have seen so many people ask for specific advice on what styles or forms of meditation they should try. I just don't have all the fancy cameras or editing programming needed to make them look presentable...yet! : P

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Nakis, Lykeios Little Raven

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #310098 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic Meditation for Novices
#Steamboat28 We need to get a media team rocking and rolling :cheer:

Licensed Clergy Person
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Nakis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
6 years 3 months ago #310111 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Meditation for Novices
There is already a forum here with a decent amount of meditation material. I think that TOTJO-made content like what's in the meditation forum would be a nice addition to the IP. Why not have a novice choose a couple of meditation techniques from an approved list on the meditation forum and journal about their experiences?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nakis, thomaswfaulkner

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi