Do we "think" in Meditation? [split from Manu's thread on Witchcraft]

More
6 years 9 months ago #291484 by steamboat28

Connor L. wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: We can also be in Gamma states where we are focused outwardly and in a super-conscious state which gives us an awareness of our actions. This is a sort of "moving meditation" in which we achieve a heightened cognizance of our surroundings and of our interactions. For example when we get angry we become aware of that anger and are able to both be angry and step outside ourselves to evaluate that anger and thus be able to make decisions cognitively that will allow us to be constructive (and not destructive) in the expression of our anger.

Is there a way to know what kind of "state" of brain we're in? Gamma, Delta, etc.

Biofeedback of some kind?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #291487 by
Sure, but I wonder if anybody has made up a chart of that. "If you feel like ____, then you might be in Delta state"

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #291494 by

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #291499 by
Hmmm. Interesting. I need to do some more research on this. I'll be back... later. lol.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #291521 by

Connor L. wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: We can also be in Gamma states where we are focused outwardly and in a super-conscious state which gives us an awareness of our actions. This is a sort of "moving meditation" in which we achieve a heightened cognizance of our surroundings and of our interactions. For example when we get angry we become aware of that anger and are able to both be angry and step outside ourselves to evaluate that anger and thus be able to make decisions cognitively that will allow us to be constructive (and not destructive) in the expression of our anger.

Is there a way to know what kind of "state" of brain we're in? Gamma, Delta, etc.

Absolutely there is. It's about our personal awareness in conjunction with our will. This is the beginnings of Magick.

More
6 years 9 months ago #291523 by Adder
Attempting to relate to awareness at some more discrete level for me is achieved by understanding awareness in groups associated to their temporal centre of gravity in ones focus, whether its more on the past, present or future, to offer some nature as to how they might flow through different parts of the nervous system and therefore improve efficiencies in them functioning, some useful associations I use at the base level are. and note the various terms only bring some small measure of utility to bridge thoughts, feelings, and ideas;

Past - Orbit - Contemplation - Ziran - Purify - Predominantly conceptual thinking
Now - Spin - Calm Abiding Meditation - Samatha/ShikantazaZuowang - Access - Predominantly feeling and/or no thinking except awareness
Future - Charge - Visualization - WuWei - Strengthen - Predominantly visual-spatial thinking

Noting all efforts are to improve access to the now, but also practises in the other areas need to improve function in the other areas as well so the whole thing can continue to make progress as progress is made. I have the nervous system mediating the spiritual, and the body mediating the nervous system, and so along those same lines the body is very important as well, yes that means health and behaviour, as well as those thoughts and meditative efforts.

Now what is missing of course in those approaches in imagination :D
This then tends to remain as the familiar manifested nature of a more base awareness, and seen in more complex behaviour as being curious. Hence why dreams are so imaginative, because they are a peeled back more raw flow of awareness.

So while I think we think as a function of awareness or indeed even being alive, the extent of thinking really can benefit from being defined into types and quantities of thinking, which at the lowest level for me is that orbit, spin and charge concept, alluding to some concept of flow in some base, most pure, nature of awareness. From that simple construct then other patterns can further serve to orient around the progression of awareness in complexity to derive efficiencies and ideally capabilities not otherwise easily accessed.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
6 years 9 months ago #291582 by Gisteron
Wait a minute, we have a thread on witchcraft on which I haven't wreaked any havoc yet? :ohmy: :silly:

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi