Do modern Day Jedi spank their kids?

More
3 years 4 months ago #356907 by Carlos.Martinez3
Modern Day Jedi believe In the sanctity of the human person. We oppose the use of torture and cruel or unusual punishment, including the death penalty, does that mean spanking or disciplining our children?
What are some real every methods to child discipline? What do yall use on a daily? Anything work for you / not work for ya?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #356954 by Wescli Wardest

Maybe not all Jedi spank their children; but, I did.

Click here for link to post

How do I know when or why to? Hmm... I guess it would be when a "rule" , and there were not that many of them, were broken. Mostly I like to live by guidelines. Why? Because it is not reasonable, in my opinion, to try and make rules for every occasion or thing.
But more importantly, I think, is that the child knows WHY they are about to get a spanking and that you never discipline your child/children why angry.

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
3 years 3 months ago #357213 by
No, I (we) never spanked, never will.

Is there something like a method for every child? I don't think so...
In my experience every child is a unique charakter with it's own needs. Sometimes it's hard to remember this, but I believe this
is one of the real parents-tasks.

My two kids are complety different. A sleepy boy who is satisfied very fast (now he is grown up, but didn't really changed) and a curious girl with 1000 questions per hour and
two legs that are not able to walk - she is always running! She turned 13 this summer... :)

With a lot of patience, open minds, real listening and offering as a good counselor to them it worked pretty well.
I guess our advantage was, that my wife and me were able to alternate, if one of us didn't had the nerve for typical problems, typical arguments or the like.

More
3 years 3 months ago #357215 by rugadd
A long time ago, before I knew better: now I won't.

I DO think all children should take martial arts, including sparring, though.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Moderators: ZeroVerheilenRiniTavi