My Recent Ordeal

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #299795 by
My Recent Ordeal was created by
I live in Corpus Christi, Texas, which just avoided the worst of the hurricane. My wife and I evacuated the city, but because she works in healthcare I left early with our kids, and we met back up about a day later in Austin. We arrived back home today to find that the Force was with us in a powerful way, and our home wasn't even without electricity for any notable period of time. I know there are hundreds of thousands of people who have it worse than me right now, but the real reason I wanted to share this is that even though I'm still a novice, I drew heavily of the doctrine, and the lessons I've learned in my training so far to help me through my own stresses this past week. I know I would not have fared as well as I did without it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #299796 by thomaswfaulkner
Replied by thomaswfaulkner on topic My Recent Ordeal
Thanks for sharing! I am glad to hear that you all are doing okay. We live in Beeville, and although our house was relatively in good shape afterwards, there were several others who were not as lucky. Life throws some of the weirdest events towards us and I'm glad your understanding of the doctrine helped you remain centered in this beautiful chaos. :)

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 7 months ago #299797 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic My Recent Ordeal
I'm glad you are all ok! :)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, thomaswfaulkner