Jedi can be a Religion NY Times

More
7 years 2 months ago #273633 by Wescli Wardest
I think that over all we were represented in a positive light. Good job to all that participated. :)

Monastic Order of Knights

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273645 by
Replied by on topic Jedi can be a Religion NY Times

Magnus Staar wrote:

Zenchi wrote: Daniel described the TOTJO as a "fundamentally Christian organization, not sure if he meant that as an insult or if that's what he honestly believes... :dry:

Given that the TotJO Creed is obviously based on a Christian prayer, it's not that far a stretch. Most of the western world is Christian, so it's not without reason that lots of Christian teachings and values will find their way into Jediism. And that's not a bad thing.

Not to mention the terminologies used such as Doctrine, Serman, Clergy, ect ect....All of which are very Christian based sounding

And yes before ya'all start arguing. I am well aware of the roots and terminology use in other practices....

But wholely....They are Christian linked.....And another reason why I have been against these terminologies for years.....for exactly this instance XD

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #273721 by Adder
Marginally Christian in appearance perhaps, but it seems like a cultural carry over rather then anything actually religious. I'd like to think Christianity is much more then that!!!! :D
And in that regard Mr. Jones opinion sort of then appears nothing more then a bit sour? Perhaps I shouldn't I say that... and not that there is anything wrong with Christianity mind you (except for some parts of its history of course). Benefits of being syncretistic!? Nice article otherwise!!! Wow

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Adder.