Lucasfilm Sues ‘Lightsaber Academy’ and ‘Jedi Club’ Over Trademark Infringement

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #262157 by

Cyan Sarden wrote: Do we have any lawyers among the members? Someone who could really analyze the situation? I'm not suggesting to lawyer up (at all), but it might be useful to simply have a legal assessment that goes beyond guesswork and lay analysis.

If there are legal issues, it's probably better to go about them in a proactive manner (internally, again, not suggesting to give up our 'fly under the radar' approach)

Atticus has a legal background, though I'm not sure this would be his area of expertise. :unsure: Br. John has always seemed to be well informed as well, even without being a lawyer himself.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #262166 by JamesSand

Fhat the wuck's a "wucker"?? lol

Is strine fer hakuna matata.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 5 months ago #262167 by Jestor

Senan wrote:

Cyan Sarden wrote: Do we have any lawyers among the members? Someone who could really analyze the situation? I'm not suggesting to lawyer up (at all), but it might be useful to simply have a legal assessment that goes beyond guesswork and lay analysis.

If there are legal issues, it's probably better to go about them in a proactive manner (internally, again, not suggesting to give up our 'fly under the radar' approach)

Atticus has a legal background, though I'm not sure this would be his area of expertise. :unsure: Br. John has always seemed to be well informed as well, even without being a lawyer himself.

Br. John is a paralegal I believe...

Thee are lawyers in the temple, but, until wel know someone, we hesitate to ask for advice...

Of course, should someone willing to work for good Karma, we can pay that in spades!

Just like the "physical temple" threads occur occasionally, so do these types of posts...

This is the third or fourth such since I have been here, and there has been about 7-10 physical temple posts...

:laugh:

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 5 months ago #262168 by Jestor

Jestor wrote:

Senan wrote:

Br. John is a paralegal I believe...

Thee are lawyers in the temple, but, until wel know someone, we hesitate to ask for advice...

Of course, should someone willing to work for good Karma, we can pay that in spades!

Just like the "physical temple" threads occur occasionally, so do these types of posts...

This is the third or fourth such since I have been here, and there has been about 7-10 physical temple posts...

:laugh:

There are many professional here...

Doctors, lawyers, scientists, CPAs, and wouldnt it be swell if they were all in a position to help us?

lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran, Cyan Sarden