[LIVE!] IP Study Hall: Sat 8/11/2018 8pm EST

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #324742 by
Hello Lovely Jedi!

It's back after the summer holidays: IP Study Hall! We should have a fair few newer members hopefully joining us, as well as lots of old hands wanting to catch up after the break - the IP Study Hall is open to EVERYONE regardless of rank. We shall be meeting in the unofficial discord ( discord.gg/bNRPh4H ) in the "IP Study Hall" channel. Discussion will happen with voice and through typed chat for those without mic access. It's helpful if you have at least earphones/speakers to be able to listen in (I monitor the channel to try and make sure text points are brought into the voice chat as much as possible, but it's hard to also do this also in the other direction). Don't have discord? Click, or copy and paste the link that's just been provided here, and follow the instructions. ( discord.gg/bNRPh4H )

The discord is there all the time, as a resource and place for Jedi to hang our together; but the LIVE IP Study Hall chat will be happening at 8pm EST on the 8th of August 2018. You can find out when that is for you, here ( CLICKY )

Alternatively, you can keep your eye on the temple calendar - it'll be on there soon.

What is the IP Study Hall for? Run for novices, it's an open space to discuss ideas, and encourage one another on through the Initiate Programme. It can also be a great space to get to know one another, and the occasional knight and/or councillor that pops on down too. Looking forward to seeing you all there :)
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #324772 by
Le Bump! Looking forward to seeing lots of our Novices, new temple members, and old temple members there - it's open for all!

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #324773 by Nakis
And, just in case anyone needs this outlined in bold, this is the perfect chance to...

1. Ask IP related questions in real time with people who've gone through it.
2. If you feel like you aren't grasping the material well enough, bring it up here.
3. If you want to sound out an idea and make it solid, another perfect time to talk about it.
4. If you need to fluff something up, this is the best time to talk to someone to get more viewpoints on it. Counter points, cross examinations, these are ideally suited to helping you increase word count, develop an excellent body of work, and most importantly, introduce ideas in the context of the work presented. I.E. Many people dislike Campbell, but many people have different opinions on why. Use this to develop something you are proud of.
5. Misery loves company!

Come, take part, use this time to make less a clean and efficient study space and more a library with lounging chairs and a bunch of people chit chatting.

Licensed Clergy Person
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Nakis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #324906 by
I have a fear of speed bumps, but I’m slowly getting over it.

See you all at IP Study Hall this weekend!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #324968 by
R.I.P boiled water. You will be mist.
Time to get the kettle on for a lovely IP Study Hall session this weekend. See you there!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #325011 by
When the sun hits your knees, and you mispronounce trees, Sycamore...

Yes, bring all your Love on down to the IP Study Hall this weekend.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #325034 by
Yay.
I'll do my best to squeeze it in between other study and work, but I'll drop by and say "Hi" at least.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #325040 by
Nice! Looking forwrd to catching up and hearing how things are in your part of the world!

More
5 years 7 months ago #325041 by Kohadre
I've added it to my calendar and set up the discord app on my phone. I'm looking forward to it.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #325063 by FTPC
Last Night was Less about the IP and more about how to do to Journal, and on the voice chat People had to scream to be heard, and One guy was even washing Dishes before the study hall meeting Discord voice chat Etiquette
there is a mute button for a reason that is how I heard everything and I feel bad for Twigga, be her mic was messed up and when other People talk, People like me had a tough time hearing over Background Noise from the other members..

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by FTPC.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi