IP-Team for Youth Forum?

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #319174 by Brick
Hey guys,

Over the past couple weeks, since the IP Study Hall and Cantina chats have become a thing, a number of our youth members have contacted me to ask for an IP sponsor. As I understand it (I could be wrong), it would be the current youth officers that would do this sort of thing?

I was just wondering if there is anything in the youth forum that makes that clear to the minors? (like how we have a thread with IP-Team contacts here)

This might be a mute point, as there may already be such a thread (I don't know, as I don't have access to the youth forum). But I worry that its not clear enough if they're contacting non-youth officers?

I don't necessarily mind them contacting me as I'm a nice, friendly, neighbourhood Brick :) , but if they're contacting me then they may also be contacting less nice, friendly, neighbourhood folk? :S

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Brick.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #319177 by
Replied by on topic IP-Team for Youth Forum?
The youths are instructed that they can go to any youth officer or Councillor with questions, which would include feedback requested on their IP journals. Because most of their journals are kept in the protected forum, most on the IP team would not be able to see them.

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #319179 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic IP-Team for Youth Forum?
Yes I know this, my concern is that they shouldn't really be contacting me and telling me they're a minor in the first place, regardless of the fact that I can't see their journal.

My bigger concern is that they might be contacting someone else, who isn't going to reply with 'please contact a youth officer' like I do

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #319180 by
Replied by on topic IP-Team for Youth Forum?

Brick wrote: Yes I know this, my concern is that they shouldn't really be contacting me and telling me they're a minor in the first place, regardless of the fact that I can't see their journal.

My bigger concern is that they might be contacting someone else, who isn't going to reply with 'please contact a youth officer' like I do

We will always have one or two who need occasional reminders. ;) Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Brick. You're right, it sounds like we might need to do more than we are doing to prevent the accidental or negligent revealing of age.

More
6 years 4 weeks ago #319358 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic IP-Team for Youth Forum?
Brick I did not forget your question Ive just been wracking my brain for a how to make it work and with some school and personal stuff sidelining me for a bit I got slowed down. But I will be getting back to you as soon as I hear back from a few other people

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi