My Friend

More
11 years 9 months ago #64790 by Damion_Storm
My Friend was created by Damion_Storm
Please keep BJ Thomas in your thought as he just found out Monday that his cancer has returned. He has been a close friend for many years.

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #64795 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: My Friend
I will.

Founder of The Order

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 9 months ago #64796 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: My Friend
May the Force be with him.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #64802 by
Replied by on topic Re: My Friend
I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend. I will be sure to keep him in my thoughts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #64805 by
My thoughts are with him as well as you.
I'm so sorry..

More
11 years 8 months ago #66297 by Damion_Storm
Replied by Damion_Storm on topic Re: My Friend
I just recieved this update from my friend and the update is grim.

Dad update from his wife: Wanted to give everybody an update on BJ. Today has not been a good one. At abt 2 this afternoon the doctor told me I better call the kids to come. Brent was here and Emily was on her way already. My 2 boys are on their way. My mom and dad had just gotten here. To try to explain how fast this has changed today, this morning he sat in the chair and shaved himself and we were talking abt going home tomorrow with hospice in-home. By 2 it had moved to in-patient hospice to this evening of having no idea of discharge. Dr stated that he is not stable enough to transport or go to hospice at this time.

I believe now it is more about keeping the family in your thoughts that they may make it through this

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #66300 by
:(
I have and will continue to do so.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #66338 by
That is difficult. I, too, have a friend who is dying of cancer. She got it a decade ago, and has fought it off well. But, about a month ago, they began hospice and it looks like she won't make the summer. I'm proud of her fight and her desire to live, but it seems like now is a good time to let the pain fade into the Force for her.

I think you are doing all the right things. It is certainly a difficult time when somebody is in the process of leaving. The Jedi in me wants to tell you to remember where the spirit goes after death. The Body into the Earth. The Heart goes into those who are left behind. The Spirit into the Force.

Jackie, my Jedi Mentor, has told me that when dealing with death, to remember that it isn't an end, it is simply a transition to another state of being. From personal and internal into the Universe itself. But, the human in me wants to tell you that no matter how we word it, change is difficult to deal with. Humans have become intoxicated with the memories we've made and the stasis of things. We fear change. But, if you let that fear get to you, then bad things could happen to your mental and spiritual stability.

So, stay strong! :) Keep trudging forward. You're friend and you and the respective families are all in my thoughts.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 8 months ago #66346 by
my friend fought cancer 5 times and ended up dying at the age of 9. i understand how you feel. i can promise that i will think of him every second of my life, but i do wish you and him the best of luck, and hope the force guides your friend to his new and happy recovered life, of if its too much, his peaceful and calm end.
may the force be with you.

More
11 years 8 months ago #66889 by Damion_Storm
Replied by Damion_Storm on topic Re: My Friend
It is with a heavy heart that I now report my friend, BJ Thomas, passed away Friday. Thanks for all the thoughts and I ask that you continue to send calming thoughts to the family as they morn.

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi