Dual Saber Martial Arts

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #51288 by
Dual Saber Martial Arts was created by
Has anyone heard of Dual saber techniques using two shorter bladed sabers like a double broadsword technique. I thought about that today. Partially because in Wing Chun (the art I studied), you have what are called the Butterfly Knives (which look a lot more like meat cleavers with a guarded handle). They are used a lot on the same way as the hand positions in wing chun. I thought it would be cool to make two sabers that are 3/4 the size of the actual blade, for maneuverability.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #51291 by Locksley
I've studied saber fencing and épée, and I've seen variations (non-competition of course) where someone would use two blades instead of one. Very hard to master, but well worth it. There's a style of Japanese fencing where you are required to learn to use the left arm just as fluently as the right (can't remember the name for the life'o'me)...

I've also done some studying with traditional western sword combat techniques (medieval era, knights and so-forth), and there are several variations that have been recreated from texts and such that use a sword and a long knife or even two swords (generally a long and a short or two short). I think that's the closest to what you're meaning that I've personally run into. It's quite ferocious actually, not a technique you want to see coming your way on the battlefield if performed by a master. :P

We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile, and nothing can grow there. Too much, the best of us is washed away. -- J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5

The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #51295 by
Replied by on topic Re: Dual Saber Martial Arts
My Aikido-Jiu-jitsu sensei knew how to fight with 2 sai, and it was real impressive. Personnaly, i prefer spears and katanas... but based on my sensei's opinion, i was very good with the spears (pike/staff), but i extremly sucked with katanas. :laugh: lol

Probably why i want a lightsaber pike :D

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi