• Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • 7 minds, 5 trials and 3 pillars.
More
12 years 1 month ago #50788 by Adder
XBOX Kinect Star Wars was created by Adder
This is apparantly being released on April 3. I dont know how well it works but still looks interesting, maybe a fun distraction. I guess its only small progress to immersion into virtual worlds - better then no progress!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIiN0Tdzgsc

A couple of adverts for it;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc7STN8WTTk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz2mMZ_xOKo

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #56004 by
Replied by on topic Re: XBOX Kinect Star Wars
I've heard that there are many problems with the "controls" and that the lightsaber duels aren't as responsive to your movement so they feel very fake. I read this from the gamespot review, and this was a real turn down from me. I was actually thinking about getting, and buying a kinect for the first time, but the comments I've seen about the game reinforce my original assumptions that kinect is a waste of time.

Lucasarts should stop making all of these flawed, pointless, and family-oriented titles and continue making those hardcore gaming classics, like making Star Wars Battlefront 3.

Who's with me?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #56005 by
I remember hearing about an earlier release date for it and went to pick it up - they told me something similar to what SeanChing was saying.
I want it, obviously, but I want it to work! Has anyone actually tried this?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #56006 by
I've seen some good reviews from Jessica Chobot that sayin the controls for the lightsaber combat fail, as does the Rancor mode, however there is high praise for the podracing segment, its even been said that this game is aimed at a younger generation, rather then the hardcore crowd. though whether you like starwars to the extreme is up to everyone. If I had th xtra money i would simply buy the custom edition system they are selling it with because who doesnt want a 360 thats painted like r2d2, and a controller thats like c3po?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #56012 by
Replied by on topic XBOX Kinect Star Wars

SeanChing wrote: I've heard that there are many problems with the "controls" and that the lightsaber duels aren't as responsive to your movement so they feel very fake. I read this from the gamespot review, and this was a real turn down from me. I was actually thinking about getting, and buying a kinect for the first time, but the comments I've seen about the game reinforce my original assumptions that kinect is a waste of time.

Lucasarts should stop making all of these flawed, pointless, and family-oriented titles and continue making those hardcore gaming classics, like making Star Wars Battlefront 3.

Who's with me?

I don't mind the family orientated games as they are aimed at a younger crowd and are often a good gateway into the Star Wars Universe.

However, I myself prefer the "hardcore" games, especially those that add more depth to the EU.

I'd try the kinect game but I probably won't go put and buy one just for this title.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #56020 by
I got the game today. The game looks very cool, but the controls aren't so great. It's definitely not what I thought it'd be. The Kinect just isn't there yet, but I trust it will be in time.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #56028 by
Templar, i'm not surprised by your statement. I knew it wasn't going to be that great. I watched a ton of videos on this game from people reviewing it at tech and game conventions, and it was never really all that great.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #56039 by
I bought my R2D2 X Box and have played Star Wars Kinect with no issues. It pays like a champ... kid in a candy store ya'll...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 11 months ago #56054 by
I love the actual Xbox! Iove the controller, too! The best thing about it is turning it on/off and it makes R2 beeps.

More
11 years 11 months ago #56062 by Damion_Storm
I have had this system pre-ordered since it was anounced and paid off since november. I was one of the Geeks that was there at midnight on launch day to get mine. There are several different game modes to choose from some are better than others but gives a range for different peoples likes. Destiny Mode is a heck of a work out on its own. The movements are a touch delayed but not much. Pod Racing is an absolute blast, no pun intended. There is a dance mode for those DDR fans (Guys... Leia dances in the slave girl outfit) oh look I just sold 12 more games :evil: , My daughters favorite mode is playing as a Rancor, you go around smashing buildings, eat people, and toss droids. The biggest let down for me was the Duel of Fates mode. Instead of a real duel you are forced to take turrns defending and attacking. LAME ! And Templar I would almost agree that the best part was the beeping ... if it was not for the message printed on the edge of the Disk tray.

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi