Darth Sidious

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #312435 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Darth Sidious

OB1Shinobi wrote: People who deceive, manipulate, and exploit those that trust them and betray those who are loyal to them are the bad guys.

So yes, you can come up with scenarios that seem to disprove this on the surface, such as "what if i infiltrate the nazis and finesse my way into Hitler's advisors, so i can help defeat them" or something. But the fundamental principle of all morality, the basic distinction between good and evil, is something like "regard for the sanctity or value or rights of other people". If that isnt it exactly then its something like that.

So even if you present a hypothetical situation which seems to disprove my above, quoted statement, your hypothetical would ony be justified it it were still demonstrating expressions of regard for other. Its perfectly congruent with the basic principle of morality to use violence and deception in the presence of an invading, conquering enemy. Just as it is congruent to decieve and wound, or even kill, an intruder or attacker that forces deadly violence upon you.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312594 by
Replied by on topic Darth Sidious
If a person(s) used lies, deception and manipulation to fight evil may be justified if it's only used infrequently and stopped when the objective is achieved. A life time of such activities that impacts and kills billions is a different matter and is evil.

More
6 years 3 months ago #312635 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Darth Sidious
Yes, he was evil. He took active delight in the suffering of others. That is one of the main reasons that he was so good with force lightning. You had to enjoy causing suffering to truly master it. That alone makes him evil. Never mind the murder of many innocent people during his climb to and time as emperor. I am sure there are sith you could argue are not evil, but I do not believe Palpatine is one of them

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312877 by
Replied by on topic Darth Sidious
I believe the people that choose to emulate him and follow his example are evil too.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi