Hope in the battle for our climate

• Whyte Horse
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
8 years 1 month ago #226467 by Whyte Horse
OK everone. SO I farted. I think you're all blowing this way out of proportion

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #226494 by
While I don't deny global warming, and I don't deny that we are polluting the planet, I don't necessarily know for sure that the two are linked, and I'll explain why.

Back in the 70's people were worried about global cooling. So what the heck? We started mass polluting the planet (I think) back in the 1800's, so wouldn't global warming have started then? Why would global cooling have ever been a concern?

The thing is, global temperatures are NEVER going to stay the same for an extended period of time. The world goes through cycles, so it will get warmer, then cooler, and so on.

Now, like I said, I know we're polluting, and it has to stop, but to conclude that we are responsible (or even capable) for the changes we're seeing is questionable to me.

If you think I'm wrong and have proof, please inform me, because I do actually want to understand both sides of the debate.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #226595 by
In my youth it was water, air, soil pollution. Recycling, energy conservation and using up all our natural resources. Glaciers had been melting since the start of the industrial revolution. There was a cooler period in the 70s where the glaciers stopped retreating for a few years but the die hard continued to beat the drum of global warming and they were right. Since then tremendous improvements. I remain optimistic though change is slow. China's pollution does concern me, but they will clean up eventually.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #241896 by
Thank you for a quite detailed and clearly-written thread! I must admit that your publishing intrigued me like this post available at http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/21-things-that-exist-on-the-earth-you-probably-dont-know ! Thank you for your time!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi