'Why women just love to love a bad boy'

More
10 years 7 months ago #118705 by Whyte Horse

Adder wrote: You do not have to be the result of your upbringing, unless you never take charge of bringing yourself up.

Young people are more easily attracted to illogical things because they (usually) have less life experiences to understand the implications to them and others. I heard today in a video talk that part of the pre-frontal cortex does not properly come on stream until late adolescence!!! That part of the brain processes high level, executive decision making and would explain that period of bad choices by lots of people in their late teens and early twenties. Sometimes bad can be good though, so.... its all part of life.

I guess 'masculinaty' represent a polar opposite of the 'femininity', and so when young people look for a sexual partner it might be common to look for the opposite gender as being the most different/opposite. Which is a rather narrow approach to it.

Yes this is true. In my grad school course on child and adolescent development they tell us all about this. Lots of studies show the developmental stages of this higher executive judgement.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #127192 by
Generally it applies at different levels of society. When it gets down to it, its all about the confidence. What i found with a majority of these kinds of studies is that when they say bad boy they don't mean gang banger or criminal because they are studying gang bangers or criminals. They are comparing and analyzing data with guys who come off as "Hard".

I found that it's all about your pride in confidence, it shines out and women just pick it up. Especially when your single, its pretty interesting. The law of attraction is usually referenced to when speaking about relationships.

We are all creatures (i like to consider that a step above being an animal) and like creatures although we aren't constantly consciously aware of it, but we pick up each others pheromones. A human can always tell if another human is interesting in them if you know of the behaviors to look for.

Anyways that "bad ass" self is associated with how much confidence you have and how much you show. That will determine how well you manage yourself in a situation and how well you manage yourself is what is being expressed that people pick up. When you think male, think masculine (and that doesn't men ripped or buff, it means how confident are you as a man). It is mens nature to show it, womens nature to pick it up and mens nature to manage it.

As funny as it is, no man is taught how to be a man as we should be taught. We are a species and we all have pre-defined roles whether we like it or not. I think it is important that every man seek to learn what Manhood is all about. To be brief it is simple, self sufficiency, confidence, hard working and being able to provide.

http://www.doubleyourdating.com/catalog/onbeingaman.html
NOTE: being a man isn't necessarily about getting women. It's just always associated with it. This course is nothing from what it appears to be. As the old saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by .

More
10 years 4 months ago #127619 by 666
True as life
but is not something you can apply to 100%

1 large penis make yourself more confident (is not the only reason, but is what it is)
good looking guys, the same
2 been confident in yourself, pop up, shows in your image
3 the bad guy can protect the chick ( they love to be protected)
4 been the Clown of the group, is the other way.

Chicks love clowns, champion style guys and bad guys.

chicks love to smile and be happy (clown ideal guy)
chicks love to be protected and go against parents desire (bad guy)
Chicks love to presume and show up her guy (champ guy)

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #127627 by
Guess I had a win win situation in this, I played the bad boy (rock band, leather jacket) to get women, then let them see my sensitive nice guy side.

*sorry that sounds really shallow lol, what I mean is when I was out with the band etc we all had "Bad Boy" images and we maintained them in the public eye, this didn't hurt when it come to woo-ing the ladies*

It must have worked because that's coming up on 8 years now and she's not left me yet lol.

I'll agree about the protection thing, I've had a couple of long term partners before I met Genna and every one of them said the same thing "You make me feel safe", I didn't quite understand that the first couple of times I heard it, but I get it now as much as an independent woman will deny it I think that women in general just want someone who is capable of taking care of them, and lets be honest guys, we are the same.

*of course as 666 pointed out it doesn't hurt to be ripped and well hung, but that's not the be all and end all of it.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 4 months ago #127641 by RyuJin
For the women where I live...drugs and alcohol reign supreme....

I'm in good shape, at times brooding, always confident almost to the point of arrogant, have a proven track record of being protective , however I don't drink, smoke, or use drugs and have often been told I'm too intimidating physically and intellectually(a disturbingly high number of people in my area never even graduate high school)....

I look like the "bad guy" type, and act like the "good guy" type...yet my lack of alcohol and drug use keeps women away...at least where I live...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #127655 by
I've found a lot of useful articles on The Art of Manliness website.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/

There are some rather useful articles to draw a little inspiration from. Not every article applies to everybody, but, there's at least a few of them that everybody can pick out that are helpful for them.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #127694 by

RyuJin wrote: For the women where I live...drugs and alcohol reign supreme....

I'm in good shape, at times brooding, always confident almost to the point of arrogant, have a proven track record of being protective , however I don't drink, smoke, or use drugs and have often been told I'm too intimidating physically and intellectually(a disturbingly high number of people in my area never even graduate high school)....

I look like the "bad guy" type, and act like the "good guy" type...yet my lack of alcohol and drug use keeps women away...at least where I live...

Move out of that neighborhood and take you dog to places where chicks hang out. They can't resist a cute dog. The rest is up to you. ;-)

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 4 months ago #127695 by Brenna
On the whole, in my experience, most women are attracted to confidence, which is not the same as being a bad boy, but many of them mistake it for that. Same goes both ways though.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 months ago #127697 by
Doesn't. a puppy help? :)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
10 years 4 months ago #127722 by RyuJin
Lol my dog doesn't like to share me with anyone/anything....she tends to keep everyone at bay...the joys of a protective pitbull :laugh:

The puppy isn't mine but my mom's...my dog just happens to enjoy adopting puppies...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi