Death and the Force

More
11 years 1 week ago #102540 by Zanthan Storm
Im very glad to see people interested in this. We speak of life and the force more often than not. Being someone who is around death as much as life with my job. I feel seeing the other side of things as a nice balance.

My congregation debated quite a bit. It is nice to see it happen here as well.

Zanthan Storm
AKA Rev. Michael Ziskovsky OCP D.Div.

Master Knight of Jediism
Founder of Roseville, MN Chapter of TOTJO

Current Apprentice: The Coyote
Past Master: GM Neaj Pa Bol
Past Apprentices: Sr. Knight Kira, Knight Myos, Doriann

"Let no one thing control your life, seek to be complete and at peace."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #102542 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Death and the Force
Any long duration afterlife experiences?

The ones I seem to have read are all rather short, and from what I've personally experienced also, tend to fall within my skeptical basket of abnormal brain function - my best guess being a type of "neuro-spasm" where the latent powers of the brain are recruited to both dilute the experience of time and also generate a coherent delusion of what is going on.

I tend to think the mind tries to explain things for itself in such circumstances. So it would be interesting to see some long duration afterlife experience, as this would help sink that biological theory of mine. Either way for me its more useful to believe in the possibility of an afterlife just because its a more effective tool for creativity.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi