Nature of "the Force" (Light/Dark dicotomy)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107431 by
I don't know, maybe I'm just moody. I miss my shoutbox (sob). :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107437 by
Going back to the original question that was posed, I believe that the Force is neither Light nor Dark. It just is. We tend to think of certain things as good or evil simply because we need a way to think of the world around us and to keep ourselves in check. We need rules in order for our society to function, so we need to know what is good and what is bad. However, the Force does not have inherently good or inherently bad aspects. It exists outside of those concepts. It is only our choices and our actions that color it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107444 by

Brenna wrote: There are aproximately 33 thousand Christian demoninations

33 thousand protestant christian denominations, please keep that in mind that they are in fact protestant, in respect of me or any other Orthodox Christians.
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107446 by

suliskveteba wrote:

Brenna wrote: There are aproximately 33 thousand Christian demoninations

33 thousand protestant christian denominations, please keep that in mind that they are in fact protestant, in respect of me or any other Orthodox Christians.

holy crap. is that right? where did this figure come from? i didnt think there were that many Religions, much less sects of one.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 10 months ago #107704 by
There is light and there is dark. However, I’ve been to locations that even in the dark, there was light. I have also been in places of light, and there was darkness. They are opposites, and they are the same. We use those terms ‘light’ and ‘dark,’ “Jedi” and ‘Sith,’ ‘Ying’ and ‘Yang’ to help describe things in order for our own rationality to the logic that we have, and also to help others in an attempt to have them understand what we are attempting to say who do not understand. It is still based on one’s own point of view.

As to state about the term ‘Dark Jedi,’ but has anyone thought that there could be a ‘Light Sith?’ Thoughts on that?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #111296 by
I'm sure in reference please forgive but if anyone
as played, knights of the old republic 2. Then you know
there are grey/shadow Jedi ways. Best of both worlds.

Whatever your faith. Morality is the engine for light/shadow/dark.
We all start in paths of shadows, then move paths further
than Yin/Yang. Correct myself, paths mean moral not instant Jedi.
Like nobody's born a ninja.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #111320 by

Abhaya Budhil wrote: Going back to the original question that was posed, I believe that the Force is neither Light nor Dark. It just is. We tend to think of certain things as good or evil simply because we need a way to think of the world around us and to keep ourselves in check. We need rules in order for our society to function, so we need to know what is good and what is bad. However, the Force does not have inherently good or inherently bad aspects. It exists outside of those concepts. It is only our choices and our actions that color it.

Rules and defining things helps us feel secure. The freed mind embrasses uncertainty as an opportunity to learn/experience new things and expand further into the unknown. i think :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi